For sale, Frankia 6 Berth

888dee

Offered for sale is our Frankia 730RD 6 berth motorhome MOT & TAX

It is a very reluctant sale as we had some great fun away in our “bus” but after it was broken into outside a friends’ home in Newcastle last summer the wife is really not comfortable in it now L

So, the main points

· Coach built on a Peugeot chassis (same as Fiat Ducato etc so parts availability is good and inexpensive).
· Alko Tag axle making it very stable even in cross winds
· 2.5 turbo diesel with power steering
· Genuine 6 berth, very spacious.
· Large rear U-shaped lounge – converts to large double
· Central lounge with seat belts – converts to small double
· Over cab bunk slides out to large double
· Separate shower cubical
· Thetford electric flush toilet
· Mixer taps in kitchen and toilet
· Blow air heating
· Inboard fresh water and under slung grey water tanks
· Water heater
· Automatic water pump
· 3 – way fridge (all working)
· 3 burner hob with extractor over
· Microwave oven
· 13 high level cupboards
· 3 low level cupboards
· Wardrobe
· Cab window screens
· Large TopBox
· Rear section of the roof has checker plate so could be used as a viewing deck?
· 4 cycle rack
· Towbar
· Rear reversing camera.

On the mechanical side
· MOT’d to March 2011
· Taxed until End August 2010
· Lots of receipts and service history
· 177000km’s (100 odd thousand miles), timing belt changed at 158000km.
· Recent brake overhaul inc new caliper and shoes and cylinders
· New starter motor
· New track rod ends (both sides)
· 4 Michelin tyres to the rear (all 7mm+) (195/75R16)
· 2 Maxxis tyres on the front (both 7mm+) (195/75R16)

Dimensions
· Overall Length 7.3m
· Overall Width inc mirrors 2.6m
· Overall Height 3.15m
· Internal Length (back wall to the back of the front seats) 17’ (5.2m)
· Internal Width 6’10” (2.10m)
· Rear lounge/bed 6’8 x 4’9” (2.05m x 1.45m)
· Central seats/bed 6’4” x 3’4” (1.93m x 1.00m)
· Over cab bunk 6’8” x 4’9” (2.05m x 1.45m)

Whilst I believe our motor home is in very good condition of it’s age please remember it is a 1992 so is not unmarked, there is some damage around it and some wear but nothing dramatic and certainly nothing to stop it from being used from the day it is bought.

We are situated in Dundee north east Scotland, 60 miles north of Edinburgh, Viewing is welcomed at just about any time as I work from home and more than happy to pick up from train stations or Edinburgh airport.

P1070422.jpg

I won't over load the thread with pictures but plenty which were taken this afternoon can be seen here

Frankia pictures by 888dee - Photobucket

£10,750ono

Last edited:
Should say I am genuinely interested in what you all think about our bus and if there is anything you can think of which which is missing or whatever that would improve my chances of a sale (other than accepting a bag of jelly babies and a tenner) please do say so,

many thanks

Well you get a lot of motorhome for your money! Nice and clean, good photographs.

The only thing missing-I think, is a picture of all the documents/paperwork, not so you can read them but to prove you have got them. It's something I wanted to see when were looking last year, ended up with 3 box files of a paperwork.

Best of luck selling. P

Should say I am genuinely interested in what you all think about our bus and if there is anything you can think of which which is missing or whatever that would improve my chances of a sale (other than accepting a bag of jelly babies and a tenner) please do say so,

many thanks

2 bags of jelly babies and £20!!!!!! just jokin ' nice home m8

documents eh? good thinking

2 bags of jelly babies? come on, they're half price in sainsbury's just now ;)

and it's already advertised there :)

I'm starting to get ever so slightly annoyed, have now received several stupid offers with the highest of which is the princely sum of £7000, I mean what is going on?

chancers!!!!! thats what!

have you actually compared your van with one of comparable age /cond/etc

is the price,what you feel is what its worth? or the above?

is now a good time to be selling? no feely feely good with weather etc, when suns belting out peeps go mad with money! during winter they (inc. me) want a bargain to reflect the weather.

have you tried neg. and pushing price up with these peeps to middle ground? you have said ono

just my opinion and hope you do well
;)

chancers :D

price comparison has proved difficult as vans this age/size/spec are pretty rare, probably due to the cost of them new, that said I found one last week which was very similar for £12k

weather has hopefully turned now so fingers crossed ;)

now here's a dilemma for you...

speaking to a guy on friday, he's very keen but doesn't have full amount for approx 10-15 days, he wants to come tomorrow and is local-ish (70 or so miles)

spoken to another guy from Derby who can't get here until wednesday, talking about flying into Edinburgh and has had a load of extra pic's, seems very keen and if happy and we can do a deal would take it away the same day.

All I can think of is let local man come and view but no more then wait to see what happens wednesday and if that falls through give local man a call??

or if local man likes what he sees and wants to leave a deposit?? I just don't know...

money talks bullsh!t walks ask first guy for a 10% NON RETURNABLE deposite then if he does cock on you you're in front

First come forst served, but only if he has the full asking price, Some look before acquiring funds then let you down, thats my opinion.:D:D:D:D

let the local man view, tell him you have someone coming on Wednesday so can't guarentee it will still be available after that date. If he wants it he will do something to get some cash to you (non returnable deposit)

well that was a bit strange...

guy from Derby showed up, made all the right noises, we had a chat about price, all was well then he says "thanks very much, I'll let you know" and off he went :confused:

he mumbled something about going to see another some where in the borders....

very strange actually.

well that's it, our Frankia sold last night to a night couple from Surrey, they saw the ad at lunchtime, loads of pics were supplied and they came and picked it up last night.

really sad to see it go, I doubt the wife will be convinced into another van ever :(

looks like a tent for me and our young lad for the foreseeable future to get out into the wild....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back