Thread Renewed - Ignore this one.

wildebus

Due to Thread Drift here, I have posted a fresh For Sale thread here - https://wildcamping.co.uk/threads/for-sale-pro-rider-folding-electric-bike-s.98873/

For Sale here is a purpose-build Folding Electric Bike (rather than a standard bike with an add-on kit)

Reason for sale is we got the two bikes around 4 years ago, but OH (Linda) had an accident with her back a couple of years ago and while it is a lot better, it has affected her balance a bit and she is not happy with the idea of riding a bike and so it is going to sit there unused for ever more if we keep it :(
I am keeping MY bike, so we have one surplus bike to move on to an new owner :)

Pictures show 2 e-Bikes. They are identical except for the colour and I am showing them both as while it is strictly speaking Linda's RED Bike for sale, if someone wants the bike but would prefer the SILVER one, than that is ok - I will just change from the Silver to the Red (as said, identical bikes apart from colour).

IMG_20240829_111447_232 by David, on Flickr

These are the Wayfarer Pro-Rider Folding Bikes. They are nice e-Bikes with a folding frame and tilt-down handlebar stem which allows them to be packed away in a small MH garage say very easily. When I went to pick them up, I put both bikes in the boot of my Vauxhall Corsa with no problem whatsoever as an example.
They fold with a quick release mechanism and it is a matter of seconds to fold them down or put them up again with no effort and no tools involved. Could not be easier! Or you can leave them setup and put them on the Bike Rack just like any conventional bike (this is how I transport them). OPTIONS!

These bikes were made just before the regulations on twist-throttles came out. The newest eBikes HAVE to be pedalled for the electric motor assitance to work. Stop pedalling and the motor stops. However the Pro-Rider bikes we have come with the twist-throttle like on a motorbike! You just twist your left hand and you start - no pedalling needed if you don't want to. The front brake cuts the power, twisting the trottle turns it back on. It could not be easier to ride and you could do a complete journey without turning the pedals once!
Totally Brilliant for anyone with a bike of a knee injury or ailment where they want to ride a bike again but don't think they have the strength to start off. Here you can let the bike take the initial strain and just join in as and when you feel able or want to.
You can select the level of power from the Motor from three presets and there is a display that shows the amount of battery power left whle you are riding. (There is also a set of LEDs on the battery itself that shows the charge level so you can see if it needs a charge withiut having to put it on the bike). The battery is removable to make it lighter to pack away, and has a lock on it to stop it being removed without the key (the bike comes with 2 keys for the battery. Without the key, the battery cannot be turned on at all for extra security)

The bike comes with a rear rack as shown in the pictures and has a detachable "GIANT" small rear pannier set. Also has the mains Battery Charger and the Lithium-Ion Battery Pack. These Battery Packs are used in a few different bikes and can stil be brought brand-new today if you want to get a spare one for extra range. The battery that comes with the bike is still very good however, so no worries on that score as far as I can tell. I can also throw in a brand-new Cycle helmet if wanted.

Looking for £350 for the e-Bike. This could be for either the Red one OR the Silver one.

Some Photos ....
IMG_20240829_111405_001 by David, on Flickr

Folded Up
IMG_20240829_111720_521 by David, on Flickr

IMG_20240829_111756_092 by David, on Flickr

IMG_20240829_111734_424 by David, on Flickr

One Folded, one Setup
IMG_20240829_111746_703 by David, on Flickr

Motor Control and Battery Info
IMG_20240829_111921_280 by David, on Flickr

Gears (if Pedalling ;) )
IMG_20240829_111953_436 by David, on Flickr

Rear Rack
IMG_20240829_111421_674 by David, on Flickr

Panniers
IMG_20240829_111817_864 by David, on Flickr

Kick Stand
IMG_20240829_111439_856 by David, on Flickr

Battery and Mains Charger
IMG_20240829_111839_699 by David, on Flickr

Last edited:
OH (Linda) had an accident with her back a couple of years ago and while it is a lot better, it has affected her balance a bit and she is not happy with the idea of riding a bike

SWMBO (Liza) had a problem with the Ebike (New hip schedued for next week).

She got an Electric Trike. It folds but will not fit in a car or MoHo but we have a trailer.
Maybe worth considering.

Not sure where you are but if Linda wants to try one you are welcome. [Park on drive with EHU; water ; Grey & Blank waste]
We are in Southport. (1/2 mile to beach; 3 mile to sea)

Last edited:
SWMBO (Liza) had a problem with the Ebike (New hip schedued for next week).

She got an Electric Trike. It folds but will not fit in a car or MoHo but we have a trailer.
Maybe worth considering.

Not sure where you are but if Linda wants to try one you are welcome. [Park on drive with EHU; water ; Grey & Blank waste]
We are in Southport. (1/2 mile to beach; 3 mile to sea)
Thanks for the offer. In the East Scottish Borders but in 3 weeks time will be in Chester for a few days and plan to go home after a day in Blackpool so actually pretty close to Southport en-route :)
I sold my trailer just a couple of weeks ago actually, but something that would probably be usual and something might be useful for yourself possibly is the use of a Thule Towbar mounted Load Carrier like this - https://amzn.to/4d1ehFn. The trike could possibly fit on that and save hassles with trailer towing?

For Sale here is a purpose-build Folding Electric Bike (rather than a standard bike with an add-on kit)

Reason for sale is we got the two bikes around 4 years ago, but OH (Linda) had an accident with her back a couple of years ago and while it is a lot better, it has affected her balance a bit and she is not happy with the idea of riding a bike and so it is going to sit there unused for ever more if we keep it :(
I am keeping MY bike, so we have one surplus bike to move on to an new owner :)

Pictures show 2 e-Bikes. They are identical except for the colour and I am showing them both as while it is strictly speaking Linda's RED Bike for sale, if someone wants the bike but would prefer the SILVER one, than that is ok - I will just change from the Silver to the Red (as said, identical bikes apart from colour).
IMG_20240829_111447_232 by David, on Flickr

These are the Wayfarer Pro-Rider Folding Bikes. They are nice e-Bikes with a folding frame and tilt-down handlebar stem which allows them to be packed away in a small MH garage say very easily. When I went to pick them up, I put both bikes in the boot of my Vauxhall Corsa with no problem whatsoever as an example.
They fold with a quick release mechanism and it is a matter of seconds to fold them down or put them up again with no effort and no tools involved. Could not be easier! Or you can leave them setup and put them on the Bike Rack just like any conventional bike (this is how I transport them). OPTIONS!

These bikes were made just before the regulations on twist-throttles came out. The newest eBikes HAVE to be pedalled for the electric motor assitance to work. Stop pedalling and the motor stops. However the Pro-Rider bikes we have come with the twist-throttle like on a motorbike! You just twist your left hand and you start - no pedalling needed if you don't want to. The front brake cuts the power, twisting the trottle turns it back on. It could not be easier to ride and you could do a complete journey without turning the pedals once!
Totally Brilliant for anyone with a bike of a knee injury or ailment where they want to ride a bike again but don't think they have the strength to start off. Here you can let the bike take the initial strain and just join in as and when you feel able or want to.
You can select the level of power from the Motor from three presets and there is a display that shows the amount of battery power left whle you are riding. (There is also a set of LEDs on the battery itself that shows the charge level so you can see if it needs a charge withiut having to put it on the bike). The battery is removable to make it lighter to pack away, and has a lock on it to stop it being removed without the key (the bike comes with 2 keys for the battery. Without the key, the battery cannot be turned on at all for extra security)

The bike comes with a rear rack as shown in the pictures and has a detachable "GIANT" small rear pannier set. Also has the mains Battery Charger and the Lithium-Ion Battery Pack. These Battery Packs are used in a few different bikes and can stil be brought brand-new today if you want to get a spare one for extra range. The battery that comes with the bike is still very good however, so no worries on that score as far as I can tell. I can also throw in a brand-new Cycle helmet if wanted.

Looking for £350 for the e-Bike. This could be for either the Red one OR the Silver one.

Some Photos ....
IMG_20240829_111405_001 by David, on Flickr

Folded Up
IMG_20240829_111720_521 by David, on Flickr

IMG_20240829_111756_092 by David, on Flickr

IMG_20240829_111734_424 by David, on Flickr

One Folded, one Setup
IMG_20240829_111746_703 by David, on Flickr

Motor Control and Battery Info
IMG_20240829_111921_280 by David, on Flickr

Gears (if Pedalling ;) )
IMG_20240829_111953_436 by David, on Flickr

Rear Rack
IMG_20240829_111421_674 by David, on Flickr

Panniers
IMG_20240829_111817_864 by David, on Flickr

Kick Stand
IMG_20240829_111439_856 by David, on Flickr

Battery and Mains Charger
IMG_20240829_111839_699 by David, on Flickr
What a shame David, if both were for sale I'd be a buyer I think, but funds won't run to two new ones and Liz can't actually pedal so those two would be perfect for both of us.

Liz can't actually pedal

On road legal e bikes the electric motor only runs whilst you re pedaling.

Some off road e bikes can be powered by using a throttle rather than pedaling. To use these on road is illegal.

SWMBO has just purchased an electric bike than can be throttle controlled.
It has the equivalent of launch control. Hold a brake on (which cuts power to the motor); Open the throttle fully; Release the brake.
Sh17 off a shiny shovel, mind blowing fast up to 15 mph.

Some off road e bikes can be powered by using a throttle rather than pedaling. To use these on road is illegal.

It has the equivalent of launch control. Hold a brake on (which cuts power to the motor); Open the throttle fully; Release the brake.
DVSA will certify 'twist and go' bikes that meet the requirements of the law, https://pedibal.com/pages/full-throttle-ebikes-by-pedibal

this law is not retrospective and bikes sold before this rule came in are perfectly legal to use on the road.

What a shame David, if both were for sale I'd be a buyer I think, but funds won't run to two new ones and Liz can't actually pedal so those two would be perfect for both of us.
I would have to look at another alternatives for myself, but I guess I could consider selling them together? Understand you are in Scotland at the moment and live in Yorkshire? You could come over on your way home (I am on the route in East Borders) and have a try maybe?

The twist-throttle is, in my honest opinion, a brilliant feature and I think it is rediculous it is not allowed on new bikes.

I would have to look at another alternatives for myself, but I guess I could consider selling them together? Understand you are in Scotland at the moment and live in Yorkshire? You could come over on your way home (I am on the route in East Borders) and have a try maybe?

The twist-throttle is, in my honest opinion, a brilliant feature and I think it is rediculous it is not allowed on new bikes.
Having some thoughts on this .... I still have a nice "manual" Bike I bought 20 years ago which I never use now but could maybe get one of those electric conversion kit for it and make some use of it?

It will be a 200w motor for pre pedal bikes which are now 250w.
The better option is to fit a pulse jet motor 😂
pulse jet.jpg

Back