Food at the Jamaica Inn Bodmin Moor

Flyboy

Eating out at the Jamaica Inn.

Stopped near the Jamaica Inn near Bodmin am sure everybody on this forum will no of this place.
This is the third time I’ve eaten here and for the third time I’ve been unimpressed I find the food well just for want of a better word Shite.
Undercooked,overcooked veg not drained rice and spaghetti not drained so it’s all sitting in water. I’ll not be eating here again.
The beers good though! am not a fussy man when it comes to my food some of my girlfriends couldn’t boil water never mind cook.
This is just my opinion others might enjoy going back time and again ok rant over back to my Guinness.

6D115A60-7EA2-4FA2-AFC9-01A1136C5DC4.jpg

We've stopped there many times over the years (got family and friends in Cornwall) but never eaten there. That's because about ten years ago we saw the kitchen and the staff, at the risk of being sued for slander I'll say nowt else. But that said, it's a great place to have a pee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and there's a good WC PoI spot quite close by too

I was looking forward to the BBC Drama "Jamaica Inn" a few years ago but the sound quality was abysmal.
I wonder if they got the Kitchen Staff to work on the Sound Production?

Eating out at the Jamaica Inn.

Stopped near the Jamaica Inn near Bodmin am sure everybody on this forum will no of this place.
This is the third time I’ve eaten here and for the third time I’ve been unimpressed I find the food well just for want of a better word Shite.
Undercooked,overcooked veg not drained rice and spaghetti not drained so it’s all sitting in water. I’ll not be eating here again.
The beers good though! am not a fussy man when it comes to my food some of my girlfriends couldn’t boil water never mind cook.
This is just my opinion others might enjoy going back time and again ok rant over back to my Guinness.

View attachment 62840

Not sure what you would expect ? Its basically a canteen feeding coach parties

i read the book last summer in the van - written by Daphne Du Maurier - its a great read... the characters are so well drawn - some of them are really scary - definitely worth a few hours of reading.....

First visit the food was crap, second visit food was crap, why on earth did you try a third time?
Glutton for punishment?:)

FWIW, I've found the food acceptable (but nothing special) each time I've eaten there. Last two were set meals for 'dark skies' astronomy events. However, when I mentioned bring my MH and overnighting in their car park, the staff member I spoke to said it would cost me ten quid!

Mass Catering & Money Making .. :scared: .. One of those places that people just have to visit. Made even more popular by TV program

We've always stopped here for a toilet break and stretch of legs. Never eaten here so probably never will after the comments. Seems to just be used as a tourist spot now because of the name and rely on that instead of quality.. shame really

Cornish nasty

The Jamaica inn goes the same way as other well intentioned tourist traps,one wet summer and the profits are down,corners/quality is cut.
A couple more seasons and the place will be boarded up again until some other mug comes along. The only time the place made money was before the dualling of the a30. The weekly summer traffic standstill is their bread and butter.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jamaica inn goes the same way as other well intentioned tourist traps,one wet summer and the profits are down,corners/quality is cut.
A couple more seasons and the place will be boarded up again until some other mug comes along. The only time the place made money was before the dualling of the a30. The weekly summer traffic standstill is their bread and butter.
The food at the helston weatherspoons is even worse.

The reality is Jamaica inn is a destination venue and plays upon that. Quality and pride go straight out the window, I can think of two very famous fish and chips shops in Yorkshire that have done the same within a couple of miles far better offers.

Wetherspoons are no different to Mc Donalds work to a corporate template some of it works very well other parts not so well.

For my two penneth re Pubs keep it simple but do it well , go fresh as much as possible and source local not rocket science

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back