Fixed toilet with 200L tank

Boris7

I'm looking at the possibility of a new van, one thing I like the sound of is a fixed toilet tank.

But where do I empty it?

A 200L toilet waste tank would last a good while, but then what would I do with the waste?

Last edited:
My mate has a Lakia motorhome that has a dual system has a big holding tank and a cartridge that you can switch between the two never seen it on any other motorhome.

I've never seen a drive over black waste point in the UK, seen loads in the USA, some in the EU but I mainly (like all of us I guess) generally use the MH in the UK.

As per Wully post, I watched a D plate Lakia on the Aire at Berck-Sue-Mer, pull up to the black dump, then fitted a large dia hose setup, with the outlet into the black dump pit, then what looked like the crap being pumped out. When done, dump hose wound back in and off they went. The setup looked impressive.

I'm looking at the possibility of a new van, one thing I like the sound of is a fixed toilet tank.

But where do I empty it?

A 200L toilet waste tank would last a good while, but then what would I do with the waste?
200Kg weight when full. What about your, er, payload?

200Kg weight when full. What about your, er, payload?
I was thinking that also. That said, regarding the original question, I guess that a 'blue boy' or similar might be useful to take the black waste to a standard chemical disposal (Elsan) point.

Check your local Marinas Kev. Many have pump out stations as many boats have holding tanks and some may be accessible by vehicles.

There would be a charge for this of course, just ask at the marina office if it is permitted for vehicles to use.

We had pump out on our Concorde with 320 litre capacity, would last us just over 3 weeks full timing , we used sewer manholes and friends sewer manholes in their gardens , carry a set of keys with you,
Be careful you flush the tank regular as the sediment does build up and it’s a manual black gloves job to sort it 💩

Doesn't sound practical to me for the UK and Mainland Europe where we are totally kitted out for cassette use. I once saw an RV trying to rig a fixed tank hose into an Eslan point on an Aire in France. It didnt end well. :ROFLMAO:

Main problem was the electric flush that used 2.5 litres of water every flush we started using a squirt bottle after a few months to clean the bowl

It shouldn't be a problem if it is fitted with a macerator pump, should go down any Ulsan empty point. Not had one though so its only what I have heard when I was looking at something with a black tank.

Maybe a question for an RV site as well?

As you say, north America most sites take them, France I've seen a few, but not many, UK I've seen a couple, so not good for mainly UK use.

Our 1994 CI Meridian had a 150ltr fixed tank, the term used then was a 'marine toilet', we used to empty at home down the sewer drain or campsites that have a lift off manhole cover on a sewer, I was never refused when I asked if I could empty it even at Stratford Racecourse, eventually though I bought a 12v macerator for ease of emptying, fixed permanently under the van connected to the tank emptying point, a 50 metre hose pipe on the other end of the macerator could be pulled out and pointed down any toilet and the contents pumped out, to rinse the holding tank I bought a rinsing wand similar to this, fitted it to a hose pipe and lowered it into the toilet
SpinnyHeadWand_LineOfDoody_Web_UCM.jpg
SpinnyWandHead_LineOfDoody_Web_UCM.jpg

it whizzed around and sprayed water all around the tank.

I wish that I still had it

Bit like this Barry?

Not quite as bad as that but it did end up everywhere and blocked the service point, some of it I ended up in the grey water drain which was emptying straight into the river adjacent. It caused much interest with the French guys who seem to like to congregate around the service point area. Sticks were produced and everyone tried to come up with ideas how to sort it all. I just sat with a beer out of whiff range and observed. :ROFLMAO:

Back