Firestick connection to 3 Hotspot

Alshymer

Hi
Has anyone had trouble using a Firestick with 3.
I just cannot get it to connect. Just says ‘out of range’.
Can anyone please help.
Best wishes to all.

3 will have nothing to do with it, it will be the WiFi connection between the fire stick and the router.

Connect another devise to the network and see if that works, if no it’s the router and you should reset it. If yes it’s the firestick.

If that’s the case go back to the router and make sure 2.4ghz is on.

If that doesn’t fix it look here https://www.lifewire.com/fix-firestick-not-connecting-to-internet-5192306

Thanks for that. I don’t use a router. I am just connecting the fire stick to the phone via the tv display.
I have had no trouble using my French Orange sim but cannot get the Firestick to connect to my dual sim 3 sim now that the Orange one has run out.

Thanks for that. I don’t use a router. I am just connecting the fire stick to the phone via the tv display.
I have had no trouble using my French Orange sim but cannot get the Firestick to connect to my dual sim 3 sim now that the Orange one has run out.
If you're using Chromecast, you need both the phone and the Firestick to be on the same wifi network initially. After the connection has been made, Chromecast bypasses the router and communicates directly between phone and Firestick, so you could turn the router off... but you need to have both connected to the same wifi network initially, which means that the phone can't be used as a mobile hotspot unless it's capable of acting as two devices. Perhaps that's what your phone was doing while both SIMs were active, but can't now that one of them has run out?
FWIW, we have a 4G router to use in the van and if that isn't available, I can use my wife's phone as a mobile hotspot to make the initial connection. HTH

Hi Saxonborg
Thanks for that. That’s what I have now done and it seems to be working.
However trying to connect my LG smart tv to my phone is totally baffling.

Hi Saxonborg
Thanks for that. That’s what I have now done and it seems to be working.
However trying to connect my LG smart tv to my phone is totally baffling.
Pleased that worked, unfortunately can’t help with the TV, not smart enough😬.

Back