Fire/cooker

Polly

Hia
Serious question today

When I was at hayfield if I had the fire on and then put the kettle on the gas the flame of the stove was not to good (low). But if the fire was not on then the flame was ok.
I thought it might be my gas running out but my son had Gladys overnight and he commented the same.
but I had told him to use the full gas (I have a note system on the gas cylinders saying use this one so I don't get muddled up)
Any idea is this normal
I am on red Propane gas and it is not cold enough to freeze

Thanks
notice no funny faces on this post I told you it was serious

My thoughts are that the gas regulator is restricting the volume of gas, regulators do fail for no apparent reason. We have had spiders inside one - I could nt believe it when the plumber produced the reguator full of little spiders.

Just have a look at the regulator and see what the working pressure is; 30mBar or 50mBar.
Then have a look at your appliances and see what pressures they are supposed to operate at; 30mBar or 50mBar.

If you have 50mBar or a mix of 30/50mBar appliances and a 30mBar regulator then thats your problem. Its also your vehicle suppliers problem as well, they should not mix appliances.

Next would be to look for badly kinked or crushed copper gas piping.

As with all things gas its better to get a professional to sort it out for you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back