Fiat Pollen Filter??

Nosha

HELP Please!
Last week I bought all the bits to do a full 2nd year service on our 1996 Fiat Chausson 2.8jtd motorhome - OUCH! £106 TRADE for just the parts! Fiat spec oil £20/gal trade (£29 retail) and as it takes 5.7ltrs with the filter you need to buy two!!

Anyway rant over, went to fit the new pollen filter, it's about 12" x 6", I looked under the bonnet up by the scuttle panel, I took the passenger dash top tray out, I removed the glovebox and STILL I can't see where it goes, the hand book says "Change where fitted" so perhaps I've wasted a tenner on a filter I don't have???

My unit is fitted with an Autoclima retro-fit A/C unit if that helps, my ebay Fiat CD manual doesn't help either.

Can any one on here help please?:confused:

Nosha,

I think it is under the cover located at the bottom of the windscreen - on the outside - passenger side (ie not under the bonnet)

i think the proper place is in the dustbin.
never have i ever replaced one of these pollen filters in any vehicles whats the point it dont realy cure anything unless you never open the doors and windows
as pollen is an airborne thing more pollen would enter through the doors and windows whilst open than would ever come through the filter housing without a filter in it

Thanks AWC I'll have a look at the weekend, I pressume you are talking about the black plastic wiper panel.

I know what you mean Terry, but I was told it helps keep the A/C matrix clean. Until a year or two there was no such thing! But having spent a tenner I may as well try and fit it... if I have one!

Thanks AWC you were right... remove passenger wiper arm and screws from N/S vent and there it is, only an Italian could think of fitting there! At least I now know how to remove the glovebox and dash top tray!!!!! Doh!

pollen filter

I had a vw that I had to take the pollen filter out
so that the windows would clear.
it just choked the air flow

weez
Tony

I know what you mean Terry, but I was told it helps keep the A/C matrix clean.
nosha
ime confused
alternating current. matrix ? whatever is that

ime so slow what an idiot i must appear to be i just realised
a/c means air conditioning
i never use it so it did nit click

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back