Fiat/Peugeot Water ingress to engine!!

hi welcome to wildcamping,i have a fiat & as aware dont have a problem..samm :)

untitled-3.jpg

sammclouis said:
hi welcome to wildcamping,i have a fiat & as aware dont have a problem..samm :)

untitled-3.jpg

We don't either. We used to have a problem on our Ford Transit Petrol Autohomes Frontier though.

I assume you mean the engine compartment?

If so, since the rounded front Sevel van came out (about 1996 was it?) there has been a problem with under getting under the bonnet & over the battery. It's no suprise given the slope below the screen & the size of the channel that is supposed to take the water...IMHO.

I scanned the MHfacts thread but can't tell if they are talking about the same thing........or are they on about the latest extended front vans???

Loathecliff said:

If so, since the rounded front Sevel van came out (about 1996 was it?) there has been a problem with under getting under the bonnet & over the battery. It's no suprise given the slope below the screen & the size of the channel that is supposed to take the water...IMHO.

I scanned the MHfacts thread but can't tell if they are talking about the same thing........or are they on about the latest extended front vans???

this problem has been mention before, so what I do when the van is parked up I lay the silver screens over the air vents.

I think what they are on about is water running off the windowscreen
and getting in the engine bay through air vents.
However seen no probs yet, mine is a 2006 shape cab.

water ingress

Loathecliff said:

Hi. I do mean the new 2007 ones.
Thankyou for your replies!

Water Water Everywhere

Hiya

We have the new shape Peugeot 07 and we are having problems with water running off the windscreen and onto the engine. We have put some tape across to temporarily seal to prevent further damage. Spoken to other owners same problem. Jen

Can anyone tell me if this is the same problem as the older ducatos had with water ingress through ??? and landing on the battery and rotting out the battery tray and surrounding araes as just noticed today we have this problem i hadnt noticed untill today we also have a very small leak onto ther front pass footwell seems to be coming from behind the dash area as felt sounddeadening is also wet .
Any solutions remedies or antidotes much appriciated
Slanj
Dougie

RIP Colin McCrae a scotsman like myself he will be missed

ducatobuild said:
Can anyone tell me if this is the same problem as the older ducatos had with water ingress through ??? and landing on the battery and rotting out the battery tray and surrounding araes as just noticed today we have this problem i hadnt noticed untill today we also have a very small leak onto ther front pass footwell seems to be coming from behind the dash area as felt sounddeadening is also wet .
Any solutions remedies or antidotes much appriciated
Slanj
Dougie

RIP Colin McCrae a scotsman like myself he will be missed
the scuttle panels rot on the really old ducatos that is probably where the water behind you r dash comes from, my battery has a plastic tray between it and the metal tray with a drain hole so tthe water desn't lay on it

I have an 06 Ducato and not had a problem yet with water getting onto the battery. But i have noticed that the water channel at the bottom of the windscreen is very shallow, it can easily get blocked with leaves & other debris. Whenever i clean the van i make sure i always clean this channel with a brush & soapy water.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back