fiat fix & go

syldale

hi all had a flat tyre put that sh*t in got me going again got home went to tyre fitting bay to get it checked out asked them to balance the wheel and it kept giving false readings because of the fluid inside so they couldn't do it for me and a friend of mine had a split in the side so no go there fix & go not for me just the old fashion way a simple spare wheel getting breakdown help is costly if you need a new tyre especially . happy camping

hi, i have used oko a green slime you put in through the valve .get it from ebay or farm suppliers . i visit maroc quite frequently as most of you know . i put it in before i go. have had several punctures where you see the green coming out the tyre .it eventually seals . it does make sticking patches inside impossible and if you ever fit a tube it contaminates the tube so it wont take repairs . i do use tyre repair sticks inserted from out side and they also work. have had tyres with several leaks after being in the desert for long spells .they get pricked with desert spikes. thorns growing in the sand. put a itre of oko and go for a drive it seals . drove all the way home with that tyre . cost of oko about 7-8 quid a lire. at the moment i dont have it in my tyres but carry a few bottles just in case. having said that i do carry 2 spares as we do rip tyres on the rocky tracks sometimes. very often lose two tyres a trip. as tyres are much cheaper in uk you dont want to buy one abroad best have a spare . i say always carry a spare but dont discount the sealers they do get you out of trouble. chers alan.

hi all had a flat tyre put that sh*t in got me going again got home went to tyre fitting bay to get it checked out asked them to balance the wheel and it kept giving false readings because of the fluid inside so they couldn't do it for me and a friend of mine had a split in the side so no go there fix & go not for me just the old fashion way a simple spare wheel getting breakdown help is costly if you need a new tyre especially . happy camping

Hi Syldale,
Surely Fix and Go is just to get you to garage at low speed for new tyre, not as a perminant fix.:confused:
Richard

As far as i am aware all products like fix n go and tyre weld are just to get you home or to a tyre garage at low speed, (Like a skinny spare on a car) not to permanently fix a tyre. So trying to balance a tyre with any of that liquid in will give a false reading as it moves about (Centrifugal force does that!!!) ..

its been put intyres from new and they can be balanced .i have had mine balenced several times . you put something like the oko i use and can drive onwards for the life of the tyre .the idea is you may never kn ow you have had a puncture . also you may never have oo pump up the tyre . i only know as i drive severe off road and get alot of punctures . it can be used as a get you home .i have travelled several thousand miles with a known flat tyre having oko put in blown up and driven on. trucks etc very often have it in . i have never used it in tubed tyres but they say it works in them as well. works for me . only la\st week i put two new bottles of itin my truck ready for my winter trip. wouldnt go with out it . them and some tyre repair sticks best invention i know of for a long while. cheers alan.

If you can't balance a tyre with sealer in, I would say you've installed TOO MUCH sealer!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back