fiat AA breakdown service

t&s

we recently had a problem with the under seat heater on our new van after only doing 4500 miles from new we were in narbone in the south of france we rang the fiat AA breakdown service only to be told that at this time of day 15.00 the french were unlikley to turn out that day and were advised to find a dealer ourselves we did manage to find two both did not want to know we were told it may be in a couple of days before they might be able to help so we continued our trip that day filling with water every 20 mile or so and arived at our destination el delphin verde near estartit in costa brava the next morning we again phoned the fiat AA they came to our aid an hour later a man with a morris marina type tow truck with absoutly no tools or spares but many shrugs of the shoulders arived after me showing him what was wrong in sign language still another shrug he wanted to try to tow us to his garage NO WAY I SAID 3 1/2 TONS with that car
i finaly had to lend him my tools my jublie clips some spare hose from my water pump he then followed my instructions and completed a tempoary repair
i was advised not to do it my self by fiat AA as this would invaladate my warrantee
WHAT A SHAMBLES but we got home after another 4700 miles with no more problems have you had any similar problems with these fiat AA people i would love to know

Last edited:
terry and sue

Sorry to hear of your problems hope everything is sorted now.

Pardon me for being a bit stupid but "Fiat AA?" Was this provided by your dealer when you bought the vehicle? Was this a "free" membership for one year with AA to provide you with the AA Benefits?
Or is this the AA - Automibile Association in the same manner that the RAC - Royal Automobile Club is?

fiat camper 3 year warantee

baloothebear said:
Pardon me for being a bit stupid but "Fiat AA?" Was this provided by your dealer when you bought the vehicle? Was this a "free" membership for one year with AA to provide you with the AA Benefits?
Or is this the AA - Automibile Association in the same manner that the RAC - Royal Automobile Club is?
fiat camper 3 year warantee provided by fiat who have farmed out there warante breakdown service to the AA FOR NEW CAMPER VANS

Thanks For Your Comment

GARY ENGLISH said:
Sorry to hear of your problems hope everything is sorted now.
ALLwill be sorted out when i stop my travels it only requires a new heater matrix i hope . i could replace it my self in under an hour but i wonder how long the dealer take ?

It was the "AA" bit that I picked up on. I was talking to some people with a new Motorhome this Summer and they had had similar problems with the AA recovering their vehicle.
They had been given a 3 year membership by their Dealer as well; that was my interest
Hope that you get sorted out soon

all ok now ia home

It was the "AA" bit that I picked up on. I was talking to some people with a new Motorhome this Summer and they had had similar problems with the AA recovering their vehicle.
They had been given a 3 year membership by their Dealer as well; that was my interest
Hope that you get sorted out soon

all will be fixed by my local fiat dealer now i am home i could not trust the AA to fix the problem whilst away the AA breakdown is part of the fiat assist package given to all purchacers of new motorhomes at the moment as you say for three years.
i have had a woman from italy on the phone trying to ask how well the service provided went ,i tried to tell her but she only wanted to tick a multiple choice answer on her computer so for them , no for us. no real positive answer
i am going to contact them as soon as i can find out the correct person to address my complaint to but as usual the person in charge is on holliday or sick or playing golf but i will get my point to the top person
thanks for your intrest
yours terry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back