Ferry to Spain

Moonraker 2

Pre covid I took the santander ferry a couple of times, return ticket that i felt was quite good value. Plucking up courage I had a look at prices for next year.
I may have mis remembered but they seem a tad pricy now.
I have a small vw and it said £300 - 345 one way!
Plus £109 for a cabin. There did not appear to be any 2 berth cabins available in March.
So - £400+ for one way.
Has anyone else been surprised or did you all book very early!!
It looks like I will have to drive.

We are in Spain now. Paid £999.70 return for 6m van and two people. We never bother with a cabin, take sleeping bags and kip on the comfy sofas. Remember the eye masks. Through France is an option but we want to spend our time in Spain and Portugal not France.

Yikes, that seems dam expensive without a cabin!!! Actually I didn't think they accepted a booking without a cabin.
We are in Spain now. Paid £999.70 return for 6m van and two people. We never bother with a cabin, take sleeping bags and kip on the comfy sofas. Remember the eye masks. Through France is an option but we want to spend our time in Spain and Portugal not France.

I was quoted over £500 one way for travel next week plus cabin cost but they couldn’t accommodate dogs so it’s a leisurely drive through France for us.

Yikes, that seems dam expensive without a cabin!!! Actually I didn't think they accepted a booking without a cabin.
The new boats have "seats" which I think are £10 each. OK if you're young! We used to sleep "rough" on the fast-cat from Harwich to Hook of holland but it wasn't comfortable. I've also supervised 30 kids on a cross-channel ferry from Cherbourg overnight, with everyone sleeping in a lounge: the sea was a bit rough and the toilets were awash (no further details will be provided :( )!
We like a good night's sleep and a warm shower before hitting the road, to say nothing of a private bathroom.

Gordon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back