Ferry from Cairnyan

Charlie

I intend to sail on the Cairnyan ferry to larne early morning, traveling there the day before, anyone know if or where I can overnight near the port.

Charlie said:
I intend to sail on the Cairnyan ferry to larne early morning, traveling there the day before, anyone know if or where I can overnight near the port.
there are a few laybys and spare ground near to the port
but am pretty sure if you ask the guys in the port its self
there will direct you to a quiet area lorry drivers overnight
there often

Charlie said:

There is a Caravan site almost opposite the port entrance. When I went over in May, I stayed on the CC New England Bay site, about 20 minutes from the port.

BEWARE of the A2 roads down the East side of the Ards Peninsular. I lost both rear Hubcaps and shook the bolts loose on the halfshafts on this road down to Portaferry. The surface is very patched, Bumpy and narrow. One wheel was in the gutter and the other was over the white line. The road on the West of the peninsular is of a better standard alltogether. I travelled on B roads near Bushmills that were dual carrageway standard. But that's Ireland for you.

Have a nice trip Lots of potential overnight spots on the A2 north of Larne between Carnlough and Ballycastle

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back