Faded plastic bumpers and trims.

lenny

My present van and my winter project have grey plastic bumpers and door trims that look a bit tired and faded, her's a tip I received today to refurbish the them.:rolleyes:
Get hold of an electric heat gun:eek:(the paint stripper type) and gently apply heat to the surface in a controlled manner, this will bring back the origional texture and colour.
Practice first on a small inconspicuous area,I did, I practiced on the works van:p and it looks like new.:rolleyes:
Good luck

Don't know

Yes, but back to black is temporary and fades again very quickly:(

Can you get back to grey?:confused::D

I don't know about that!:D
A certain person on here did her bumper with Back to Black and I never saw it grey again. Maybe it was done more than once, I don't know:confused:

My present van and my winter project have grey plastic bumpers and door trims that look a bit tired and faded, her's a tip I received today to refurbish the them.:rolleyes:
Get hold of an electric heat gun:eek:(the paint stripper type) and gently apply heat to the surface in a controlled manner, this will bring back the origional texture and colour.
Practice first on a small inconspicuous area,I did, I practiced on the works van:p and it looks like new.:rolleyes:
Good luck

This is what the Motor Trade does with cars bought from auction; works really well. Just don't let the heat gun stay in one place for too long

What about the old method with army boots, i know that was leather and this is plastic. Heat an area and rub in polish, heat and rub in, and keep repeating. Use to make my toe-caps reflect like mirrors.:cool:

Don

ive been using saddle leather wax and it works a treat also waterproof.

I use blackboard paint on faded bumpers .

If you thin it down with some white spirit and paint it on in a few light coats you dont get brush marks .

Steve

Good luck

How about a before and after picture that would be impressive:cool:
Not that I don't believe you:D:D

How about a before and after picture that would be impressive:cool:
Not that I don't believe you:D:D

I'll do that tomorrow,Cipro, I have deliberately left a section incomplete.:cool:
Maybe then you'll beleive me;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back