External Shower Point

bexs13

Hi

Does anybody have any thoughts on external showers. We used our kon tiki for the first time last weekend, wild camping at HackPen Hill. We have a Springer Spaniel which loves mud & puddles, as you can imagine she was filthy, done my best to towel her down. My question is are they easy to fit, or is it best to get a pro to do it, and roughly the cost?

Thanks

Hi, it seems you only really need an outside hose, simple tee piece and a tap, in a convienient locker, or why not just use a watering can and save yourself the hassle.

i would have thought a couple of kettle fulls of water (cold of course :eek:) would suffice cheaper than a fitted outside shower, but you can buy camping showers

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen the bag type working and in warm countries they work very well. Just hang it up from a tree.:cool:
However I don't think it is the type of thing suitable for washing the mud off the underside and legs of a dog.:D
You would need a spray that could be directional (up and sideways);)
edit.
I take it that everybody knows that these bags warm the water up from the heat from the sun, therefore hotter countries are a must

you could lay the dog on its back and wash its underside :D:D:D

When in warmer climes we shower outside (suitably atired, of course, in PVC thong) by passing the shower head through the window. Even if a longer hose was needed, it seems a cheaper option for canine decontamination.

Hi

Thanks for all your replies, think I will stick with WildMans suggestion, but will just attach the hose to the kitchen tap, with some kind of adaptor, a lot less hassle and cheaper.

When in warmer climes we shower outside (suitably atired, of course, in PVC thong) by passing the shower head through the window. Even if a longer hose was needed, it seems a cheaper option for canine decontamination.

Thats a good Idea:D the only cost would be the longer hose and for how often you wash you pet the cost for a proper locker shower is it worth it:eek: each to there own:D

Don't now what I' m going on about don't even have a pet:D:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back