European breakdown for older vans

If you are a member of the CCC you get access to the RAC Arrival Insurance. Possibly a tad expensive but still worth checking out
We use the RAC Arrival when we are in France, they are amazing and as we have a 23 yr old Hymer we have needed tham several times, some using the hotel stay needed. We got ours through CCC. We wouldn't be without it, the only thing you need to know that on the Autoroutes in France the police have to be called to get you off to a nearby garage, that is when RAC take over. If you need this you will be asked for the number on the road (like ours by the hard shoulder, theirs can be in the central reservation), nothing will happen without it, believe me I tried it!! I haven't needed to do it recently but I dont know if 'what three words' would work!

We use the RAC Arrival when we are in France, they are amazing and as we have a 23 yr old Hymer we have needed tham several times, some using the hotel stay needed. We got ours through CCC. We wouldn't be without it, the only thing you need to know that on the Autoroutes in France the police have to be called to get you off to a nearby garage, that is when RAC take over. If you need this you will be asked for the number on the road (like ours by the hard shoulder, theirs can be in the central reservation), nothing will happen without it, believe me I tried it!! I haven't needed to do it recently but I dont know if 'what three words' would work!
Don't the authorities just remove your vehicle from the autoroute to a place of safety, not necessarily a garage?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back