Engine Cleanup

JOHN WEST

HI IVE RESENTLY PURCHASED A DUCATO 1.9,JUST COME BACK FROM A TOUR IN NORTH NORFOLK IM FITTING HER OUT AS CAMPER,SHE IS SOME TIMES A BIT TO SMOKEY ON START UP,AND NEEDS A BIT TO LONG TURNOVER TO START,IF I GIVE HER A FAST RUN DOWN A MOTORWAY IT WILL CLEAR IT AND RUN BETTER FOR A WHILE,,,I SUPPOSE IT MAY BE GLOW PLUGS,,,HAS ANY ONE TRIED A FUEL CLEANER/ADDITIVE,,,CAN YOU LET ME KNOW IF IT WAS ANYGOOD OR IF THEY WORK....TA.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ours is a ducato 1.9 diesel..never had a problem,we do get her serviced regular though..when was it last serviced mate!

Red X Or wyndams injecter cleaners (throw the full bottle in it wont do any harm)
To check your glow plugs an old trick is to put your cab lite on then try to start the engine , If the lite dims alittle your plugs are working! This works somtimes
but sounds like ya plugs ,allso check and change the fuel filter while your at it they are quite cheep and easy to fit (you can also prime fuel filters with the cleaner too )
hope this helps
keith
ps can you see any bubbles in your fuel line?

monkeynut said:
Red X Or wyndams injecter cleaners (throw the full bottle in it wont do any harm)
To check your glow plugs an old trick is to put your cab lite on then try to start the engine , If the lite dims alittle your plugs are working! This works somtimes
but sounds like ya plugs ,allso check and change the fuel filter while your at it they are quite cheep and easy to fit (you can also prime fuel filters with the cleaner too )
hope this helps
keith
ps can you see any bubbles in your fuel line?

maybe just one or two plugs not working so the cab light will still dim a bit but it'll be a sod to start on two or three cylinders. if its got highish miles maybe worth renewing them all if one's faulty anyway. it can only make it better also change air filter if it looks really dirty. diesels dont like to be strangled.

john.

THANKS ALL ITS good and handy to be able to get a few tips,,,ive put a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank ,and done some more miles ,shes running a lot cleaner,and just sailed though MOT
cheers Folks !!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back