Electrical Issue

Yes, can’t say I’m bothered much.

If your passing and fancy a brew, toilet/grey waste point or fresh water just pull on the left drive and use the side gate.
I am not bothered about members knowing my address, none of them like me enough to visit🤣
It was just because it is an open forum and if strangers know your address and then you post that you are in Europe that it becomes an invitation.
If I am passing I wrlet you know😉

No it’s always worked completely fine, just the display reporting bad information.

The guy at RoadPro lives local and has said he’ll come around anytime I need him, can’t fault them.

The socket is due to it being on the fridge circuit which the inverter doesn’t power, once on EHU it’s fine.

Run the kettle several times this afternoon and put all the lights on etc at the same time, didn’t miss a beat and the display hasn’t been an issue
We've slightly misunderstood the problem then.
If the display is showing low voltage AND zero capacity remaining too then I'd say the unit is indeed faulty or needs resetting as I previously mentioned. Depending on how the shunt operates a poor connection at it's negative terminal may also cause the issue, check the shunt neg terminal for heat when you've got the kettle running.👍

Any ideas?
If you're boiling kettles, that suggests a load of maybe 2KW. That would mean the inverter will draw a lot of power. Assuming your inverter is 85% efficient, and that the batteries drop to a bit under 12v on high load, you are looking at a 200A current.

If the cables are maybe 3 metres there and pack (battery to inverter) you need cables with a cross section area of 85mm. I doubt you have thicker than 50mm installed.

With fat enough cables, and very tightly fitted joints, it should be OK, but you are hammering two 100Ah batteries with that sort of load. Yes, I know they are rated for 150A each, but you're eating into the safety margin,

My suggestion: use LPG for cooking. Failing that, use a low wattage travel kettle.

I am not bothered about members knowing my address, none of them like me enough to visit🤣
It was just because it is an open forum and if strangers know your address and then you post that you are in Europe that it becomes an invitation.
If I am passing I wrlet you know😉
We know where you are :eek::coffee:🍷🍷🥂🍷 And we love you 💋

Back