easter break

stevek

Anybody been anywhere over Easter? just spent the week in Dunstan Hill /Beadnell area in Northumberland.Spent most days on the beaches at Low Newton and Bamburgh which to myself when they are quiet are reminicent of some of the Scottish NW Highland beaches and have to got to be up there as some of the best Uk beaches ?

Regarding previous posts ,there would seem to be a problem posting as it "errors" but actually posts,It is a glitch and no Im not drunk !.E-mail sent to admin re problem

Attachments

• 19 Last night New Forest.jpg
    19 Last night New Forest.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 227
Hi - :p
Spent a lovely night out in Aldeburgh on the Suffolk Coast - absolutely beautiful.

Being new to this game, we actually turned up late at the public beach car park a little out of town, but right next to the beach. Though the sign said no overnight camping, we decided to risk it! Luckily for us, no problems, though woken a few times in the night by drunken passers-by messing around on the beach.

Little did we know though, a little further down the coast, on the other side of Aldeburgh town centre, past the yacht club and towards the old fort tower, there was a long line of campers/motorhomes parked up with the most idyll view out to sea, who had obviously camped there the night before. If only we knew!

Happy Easter to all!

Andy

I have to admit that I was NOT wilding it this weekend.
we had a CF club meet at a so called campsite at Carrog near Llangollen.
at least I don't think I was wilding it.
charge £6 [according to sign on the road] + a night [we heard someone being charged £30 foir 3 nights but they were on hard standing [gravel patch next to a barn with sheep delivering new lambs] and they had a hook up and an awning.
the facilities available on site
2 toilets in the barn one for males and one for females open to the air [lucky] with one loo roll a day
an old toilet with a flush in the open air [for waste water]
that's it
the field was full of sheep s**t but dogs had to be on a lead and picked up after
and we were on the "club field" with a reduced charge of £3.50 a nite.
back to wild camping from now on
until the CF'ers meet next year for 3 nights

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back