Drivers door lock.

Pioneer

Hi,
just found that my door key will not fully enter the drivers door lock. I usualy use the zapper all the time (cat1 alarm system) but doing some maintenance work (WD40) into the keyhole, noticed the small slide plate cover missing and very slight damage around the keyhole plate. Looks like something!! who doesn't know his or her father, as had a go at it. I suspect the slide is at the bottom of the keyhole, anyone any idea's how to remove it? They also had a go at the caravan door and failed thank God.
Wish I could have caught them at it!:mad:

locks

Some of them cannot keep their mucky paws off!
hope its not spoiled the locks.

weez
Tony

if the slide plate is inside the lock mechanism the only way is to remove the inner barrel and replace unfortunately. i would be more likely to keep on using the remote zapper to lock and unlock as i think a replacement lock will be rather expensive .

If you have a cat one alarm that does all sorts of things ie. central locking/electric windows/remote starting and so forth. this may sound daft but i have been told i would be better off by rivetting a small alloy plate over both cab door locks to stop people you described, i looked at the latest Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen and the passenger door has got no door lock:) therefore one would assume that having all the gismos with the alarm you don't need a lock? One can attain entrance by the side door if anything was to go wrong with the alarm.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back