dover wildcamping...

hi all,kath,grahams wife just text me to ask if i know of a wildcamping spot near to dover...she mentions st margarets at cliffe and directions...well im stuck here as i dont know of any because we are relatively new to motorhoming,and have not stopped over in dover,they are on the ferry later on today so i hope to help them out with your help..iv not any time to search wildcamping as im taking hubby to hospital for an appointment in a while...please help...thanks sammx

sammclouis said:
hi all,kath,grahams wife just text me to ask if i know of a wildcamping spot near to dover...she mentions st margarets at cliffe and directions...well im stuck here as i dont know of any because we are relatively new to motorhoming,and have not stopped over in dover,they are on the ferry later on today so i hope to help them out with your help..iv not any time to search wildcamping as im taking hubby to hospital for an appointment in a while...please help...thanks sammx
Theres an Aire at Canterbury only cost £2.00 and you get a free bus into canterbury for that.Its Dover Rd and well signposted
Rob
ParkRideCanterbury.jpg

St Marg' Directions

Hi Samm,
On the A2 out of Dover turn right at the roundabout (there's a nice Beefeater,Chef & Brewer/eatery/pub place doing GOOD food on the left) heading towards Deal on the A258, Turn right at the crossroads for St. M, there's a gravel lay-by just up on the left but the 'good' one is worth the extra drive!

At the 'tee' junction turn right for St. M town centre (more of a village really), up the hill, as the road forks take the left fork following the brown info' sign for for The Dover Raid... or something similar.

Down this residential road, it goes slightly narrow through some gates, then opens up a bit... then opens into a tarmac car park with the memorial and the look-out tea rooms. DON'T park too close to the tea rooms as they come and go in the evenings (i think they live above the tea room - an old coast guard look-out).

Superb view, the odd courting couple and the odd early morning dog walker, but VERY nice and quiet... and it's not just us that know about it!!! Woke up in the morning to find a German van next to us - and he didn't even have his towel out on the car park!!

If you want some pic's email me direct!
Nosha xx

thanks oh mighty ones...

you are a great help..thanks guys i will pass this info onto graham 'n' kath later on..sammx

just had a call from graham....

just spoke to graham and he is stopping in st margarets near the monument with thanks to nosha for the info.also thanks to rob 'n' graham hadfield for the other ideas for locations near to dover...graham said its a lovely spot with a great view & there are a few vans there..mostly german..he says he's had a fab time in france but cant wait to get home back to work.....:rolleyes: as if hheehhee :D

Dover

If we have an ealy ferry from Dover(or a late night return.)We park on the sea front.Travel into Dover from Folkestone,at the roundabout where you turn off for the ferry,keep going all the way round and return along the road you came in on. In a few yards is a left hand turning with a width restriction,if your van isn't too big go along this road to sea front.If you think the road is too narrow,take next turning and head for sea front.
We have stayed here several times ,never on our own

Earlierthis year we stayed at the travel inn on the front at Dover, saw 2 campers parked up and were saying 'that will be us soon'.
We paid £63 for a slightly worn room!!!!!!!!!
Gill
:( :(

glad you made it back ok graham...also glad you had a great holiday..sammx

***** said:
Hi Sam.
I like your new avatar!:cool:
very sexy!!!
Back to work in the morning, ouch!!!!!:mad:
dont say the w word mate...enjoy your last hours xx

Dover parking

sammclouis said:
If you want to park up at Dover when you are early for the boat or if you come off the boat very late at night and want to crash out for the night. There is a spot on the sea front. I forget the name of the road. Coming out of the port, go straight across the round-a-bout (A2) and take the first turning left. There is a small turning before, but it is a "No entry" then turn right and park anywhere against the railings in front of the prom. You are allowed to park here legally. Infact, there is a small sign saying so. I think you have to be outta there before 09:00hrs due to parking meter. (Not sure on that point) You can also turn right and park anywhere as it is pretty quiet.
For longer stays, take advice from the boys who really know the drill.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back