Door on the wrong side!

PaulAnn

At the recent Malvern Show and earwigging other people it was interesting to hear several comments "would not by that van the doors on the wrong side".

Then I think what about their drivers door!!!

PaulAnn

I seldom use the van's front doors. When parked up the front swivel seats would make their use impractival except for emergency even and when touring I predominately use the rear door (Nearside / Left Hand side). I just find it easier to walk back through the van collecting all the kit (inc the kids) then stepping out. I too would be very wary of having the rear door on the Right as most of my touring is currently in this county and there are many places in laybys or busy roads where one does not want additional stress getting safely out of the van and safely to the pavement.

hi...i have an italian motor (mclouis 261) with the body door on the offside,i must stress that iv never had a problem although iv got no kids so we have only got to worry about us getting out the van safely.....i suppose it'd be ideal if the door was on the nearside to get out onto the pavement,but its not bothered us so far...samm :)

sammclouis said:
hi...i have an italian motor (mclouis 261) with the body door on the offside,i must stress that iv never had a problem although iv got no kids so we have only got to worry about us getting out the van safely.....i suppose it'd be ideal if the door was on the nearside to get out onto the pavement,but its not bothered us so far...samm :)
i suppose as the caravan door is meant to be used on sites its not really gonna present a problem and after all the drivers door is still on the offside anyway, its just a matter of thinking before you open it really:)

walkers said:
i suppose as the caravan door is meant to be used on sites its not really gonna present a problem and after all the drivers door is still on the offside anyway, its just a matter of thinking before you open it really:)
I find this comment a little 'odd' on a 'wildcamping' site!!!!!!!! Also a tad offensive using the c word (carxxxn)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulAnn said:
"would not by that van the doors on the wrong side".

Might I suggest nearly all such comments are said by folk who talk rather than think?:eek: ......... plus a little added 'Island mentality' perhaps :)

wild camping

ian81 said:
I find this comment a little 'odd' on a 'wildcamping' site!!!!!!!! Also a tad offensive using the c word (carxxxn)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmm (wild camping) I started wild camping with a tent then with a caravan then now with a motorhome I still, now then even tow a caravan
with the motorhome when I take the possey I am still glad to part
of a (wild camping site):confused: and like most folks if hounded by rangers
or police I will use a site

ian81 said:
surely even if wilding you would park appropriately so that you could use your 'caravan' door (if you look on your reg document motorhomes are actually registered as motor caravans) and what is offensive about 'the c word'?

PaulAnn said:
At the recent Malvern Show and earwigging other people it was interesting to hear several comments "would not by that van the doors on the wrong side".

Then I think what about their drivers door!!!

PaulAnn

The up side of conversion door being on off side is when in france ect you will be curb side:D :D :D

Cipro, I bet your cup is always half full.......

Everyone one with 'wrong side' doors must find it so easy in mainland Europe, I'm envious

:D :D :D :D

gillr49 said:
Cipro, I bet your cup is always half full.......

Everyone one with 'wrong side' doors must find it so easy in mainland Europe, I'm envious

:D :D :D :D

Some ci models 05 have put the doors on the near side now because of uk sales, brill if you stay in this country, so it is swings and roundabouts:eek: :eek: :eek:

SteveJ said:
I too would be very wary of having the rear door on the Right as most of my touring is currently in this county and there are many places in laybys or busy roads where one does not want additional stress getting safely out of the van and safely to the pavement.

Do you have some kind of physical disability?

Not at all, and the implication is as offensive as you no doubt intended it to be.
One could conclude that you are either or just too lazy to read posts properly. Still, life's too short.....:D

Nice reply Steve

There are one or two posts just recently that do not have the usual friendly tone that this site usually has.
Sad, as you say live and let live and look out for each other.

Take care and may the road rise up to meet you.

:D :D :D :D :D

slanging match

stevej and parcastol

the last time we had these kind of postings, admin (phil) spit his dummy out and started banning folk from the forum and a lot of members left 'cos it aint what this forum is about so PLEASE call a truce and everyone will be happy. :mad: :mad: :mad:

john.

SteveJ said:
Not at all, and the implication is as offensive as you no doubt intended it to be.
One could conclude that you are either or just too lazy to read posts properly. Still, life's too short.....:D

Not supposed to be offensive.

I just cant understand the problem with getting out of a van on what you call the "wrong" side if you are an able bodied person, considering that if you have a right hand drive car in the UK you have to get out of the drivers door and step into the road.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back