Don't Laugh!!!!!

Don
If you have a Ducato, same model as mine 06, you can only get to the front of the battery & the terminals by removing the plastic vent on the passenger seat base. If you want to get to the top of the battery or change it, you have to remove the seat.
I know... bloody ridiculous aint it !!!
Also there isnt enough room in there to put a 110a/h battery instead.

Thanks for that jeff,
Just what I wanted to hear:mad: .
As you said I was hoping to upgrade to a 110 aph or even two batteries.
Its a Peugeot Boxer. I am concidering putting two sealed batteries In the side locker behind the passenger seat, easier for access:confused: .

Life would be boring if it was simple.

Don

Don said:
But short of removing pasenger seat, how the hell do you get at the battery?:eek:

Thanks

Don
Hi Don.
I think you have answered the question yourself!:D :D :D
Take it out!:eek: :eek: :eek:
Edit,
The seat I meant

Cheers *****,
Just didn't want to remove if no need, but obviously it is needed:mad: . stupid idea though, do you not think? (Battery position not removing seat).:rolleyes:

Don said:
Cheers *****,
Just didn't want to remove if no need, but obviously it is needed:mad: . stupid idea though, do you not think? (Battery position not removing seat).:rolleyes:
Yea I supose, but with space at a premium I can see where the designers are coming from:D

Biker Jeff said:
Don
If you have a Ducato, same model as mine 06, you can only get to the front of the battery & the terminals by removing the plastic vent on the passenger seat base. If you want to get to the top of the battery or change it, you have to remove the seat.
I know... bloody ridiculous aint it !!!
Also there isnt enough room in there to put a 110a/h battery instead.

dont know if they changed the seatbox on the 06 but i got a 110amp under my seat on a 2001 ducato no probs. had to put a ply plate on original mount box to keep battery level. original was 85amp.

john.

It wont fit John. The 85 amp battery only just fits in the space.
I had loads more room in my 97 Ducato passenger seat base. Its really annoying as i had a duff battery originally, and wanted to change it to a 110, but it would have had to be sited somewhere else. So might as well just site another 85 amp in another place to give me 2 X 85 amp batts.

Biker Jeff said:
It wont fit John. The 85 amp battery only just fits in the space.
I had loads more room in my 97 Ducato passenger seat base. Its really annoying as i had a duff battery originally, and wanted to change it to a 110, but it would have had to be sited somewhere else. So might as well just site another 85 amp in another place to give me 2 X 85 amp batts.

right. must have changed the basebox. maybe made it a bit lower so anyone over 4ft can see onder the roofline without having to sit on the floor............:D :D :rolleyes:

Ironically the passenger seat is still quite high, because the padding is really thick, and the swivel mechanism underneath. There is also no height adjustment like the driver seat has.

pappajohn said:
right. must have changed the basebox. maybe made it a bit lower so anyone over 4ft can see onder the roofline without having to sit on the floor............:D :D :rolleyes:
we had to do this to our passenger side,we bought a lower base and fitted it as when we had fitted the swivel on it it was so high that our heads were almost touching the roof....sammx

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back