Dometic fridge series 10 not working in auto mode anymore

handychris

Free Member
Hi,
I have a two years old Dometic fridge series 10, whose automatic feature isn't working anymore.
A wet towel that I placed in front of the control panel caused this distinction the other day 🤦‍♂️
All the lights started blinking and although all the modes still work independently, it is not anymore possible to select the auto mode.
I am wondering if I somehow entered a special mode, which needs to be reverted.
I checked the main fuse and the 2 others that are on the motherboard, but nothing looked suspect there.
Any suggestion would be very welcome.
Alternatively, if you have an electrical schematic of the motherboard and control panel, it would be very much appreciated.

Hi,
I have a two years old Dometic fridge series 10, whose automatic feature isn't working anymore.
A wet towel that I placed in front of the control panel caused this distinction the other day 🤦‍♂️
All the lights started blinking and although all the modes still work independently, it is not anymore possible to select the auto mode.
I am wondering if I somehow entered a special mode, which needs to be reverted.
I checked the main fuse and the 2 others that are on the motherboard, but nothing looked suspect there.
Any suggestion would be very welcome.
Alternatively, if you have an electrical schematic of the motherboard and control panel, it would be very much appreciated.
Ok, I figured it out.
I really hope it helps others stop getting ripped off.
As I suspected, there is indeed a hidden menu on these control panels.
1. Hold down the menu button for 30sec (or until all the lights start blinking).
2. Then release the menu button and press it once for Auto to appear/blink.
In my case, only auto started blinking, while all the other lights didn't anymore.
3. Press the power button to save.

I believe this control panel is also used on fridges that do not have an auto mode. That's why it can be disabled.

When I think of all these people that spend 100s in getting their control panels and motherboards replaced, because nobody knows about these hidden menus, it really makes me angry.

I was told the motherboard needed to be charged, while it was clearly an issue with the control panel.
So what, they would have changed both parts in the end if I agreed to it. It would have cost me at least 600 bucks 🤣

Hi Chris can't help with diagram but have you got in touch with Dometic or one of their agents to see if they are willing to offer help? Good luck

Hi Chris can't help with diagram but have you got in touch with Dometic or one of their agents to see if they are willing to offer help? Good luck
Yes, nobody could help, but I figured it out. Admin hasn't published my answer yet though. Thanks.

Is that the 12v 70 / 90 ltr compressor one ? if so mine plays games I just take fuse out for ten minutes .so it resets..

I wouldn't mind knowing what settings to use as I just june turned the volume like settings up to 3 bar from 1 of 5 !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back