Definitely a first world problem

MarkJ

Free Member
How do you get the coffee grounds out of cafetière when you don’t want to rinse them under your tap into your grey waste tank?

I need (well, I don’t need) a gadget for this.

And please don’t suggest a different way of making coffee - we‘ve tried all those and keep coming back to our favourite cafetière!

Coffee is a natural albeit modified substance.
No harm IMO a road drain or grassy/grave/dirt area. But not the spoon !

Buck it 'n chuck it....!
Not in Waitrose carpark,, though.
It's organic... Good for the flower beds
Yes, but the problem is getting it out from the bottom of the cafetière, I find. I’ve tried spoons, spatulas etc. Maybe I need to invent a gadget and become fabulously wealthy on the proceeds. Yeah, right.

The filter paper suggestion is a good one.

We use silicon spatula to clean our pots into either a paper bag or newspaper if we are in town or the hedge if were are in countryside then just wipe out with a piece of newspaper,
We also have a metal percolator which you can leave on the hob for a few seconds to dry the coffee grounds then it’s easier to get the out, no sloppy seconds 👍🤣

Put it down the loo. You can then rinse it as well while you are there :cool: . or You could just put it in a dog bag and dispose of it in the rubbish.

Pour a small amount of water in swish around then tip in Hedges, undergrowth, drain or as has been suggested into the toilet that’s all I do with mine. 👍

How do you get the coffee grounds out of cafetière when you don’t want to rinse them under your tap into your grey waste tank?

I need (well, I don’t need) a gadget for this.

And please don’t suggest a different way of making coffee - we‘ve tried all those and keep coming back to our favourite cafetière!
ball of tin foil also great on cast iron :)

Rinse and chuck the grounds somewhere outside out of the way, like Annie said.
Can take more than one swoosh round to rinse them all out as they're clingy little so-and-sos.

At home I just nip out the door and tip them on top of the bark layer in front garden, or sometimes I put them in the compost bin under the sink.

They are organic and will rot down, plus they smell nice 🙂

Reputed to keep slugs and snails at bay too, but I don't believe that works for one minute.

But if you're out on the road you shouldn't need to fend off hoards of rampaging gastropods attacking your moho by using spent coffee grounds.

Gastropods is not the name of those daft and unnecessary new-fangled coffee pod thingies, btw! 😉

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back