De Panne down the "pan"

SNODGRASS

What a shame arived back at De Panne coupla days ago to find its being turned into a car park complete with height barrier,stayed there on the way out it was teeming,this has always been a very pleasant stop and I will miss it. There was a notice pinned up listing a few local campsites, maybe a campsite owner has got on the council and needs the business. now now no need to be cynical.

Sounds like some Slut has been busy! What a shame, that was good stop-over

This has been a favourite first or last stop for us for years.
There is an aire at Hondschoote which is 20 miles inland from Dunkerque which we sometimes use as a stopover ,not such a good location,but still handy for the ferry.I haven't got very good directions for it,but aim for the windmill!!

SNODGRASS said:
What a shame arived back at De Panne coupla days ago to find its being turned into a car park complete with height barrier,stayed there on the way out it was teeming,this has always been a very pleasant stop and I will miss it. There was a notice pinned up listing a few local campsites, maybe a campsite owner has got on the council and needs the business. now now no need to be cynical.

We was at De Panne May 5th and we stayed on a small mh park next to a big car park, and in front of us was a scateboard park. You could get about
15 vans on maybe this is a different one from the one you new:confused:

De Panne

Sorry to say thats the one,needless to say I stayed the night on the lorry parking bit which is on the same side as the skateboard park. but I dont think we will be able to get away with it for long,the NE/B notice seemed to say that sleeping in vehicles in the town limits was forbidden and it looked like the ruling had taken place back in 2000.but its all double dutch ennit. could be completely wrong but the M/H sign had gone and the start of a height barrier was definitely in place.

SNODGRASS said:
Sorry to say thats the one,needless to say I stayed the night on the lorry parking bit which is on the same side as the skateboard park. but I dont think we will be able to get away with it for long,the NE/B notice seemed to say that sleeping in vehicles in the town limits was forbidden and it looked like the ruling had taken place back in 2000.but its all double dutch ennit. could be completely wrong but the M/H sign had gone and the start of a height barrier was definitely in place.

Unbelieveable is,nt it :mad: ,you find a nice little spot and they do that. actually Jann afew weeks back had said about it. It was aperfect stop on the way to Belgium, some one will find another gem I,m sure:( :(

Ostende

There is a stopover at Ostende at the long stay car park,follow sign,'parking gratis' there are two areas,part of the main car park. There is also a parking spot at Blankenberge a bit further along the coast. This is a pay and display,but it is free overnight(at least it was a couple of years back) .The charge for parking in the day was reasonable out of season,but expensive in July and August.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back