Dawlish

rommel

It's a while since I visited this site and can't find how to get to the wild camping counties I am in Dawlish anybody know of sleeping spot other than Sainsbury which appears to have 2 hour limit

It's a while since I visited this site and can't find how to get to the wild camping counties I am in Dawlish anybody know of sleeping spot other than Sainsbury which appears to have 2 hour limit

Hi ya, Yes there are a few listed all around that area, & on to Sandy Bay. It might be worth you becoming a Full Member to make use of the POIs Map n Locations. Together with all the other information listed. Its really Very handy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a look on google. I would have a look at Google Maps

Should be good to overnight until you find a better spot

Richard

Sure the Local Fire Brigade will be really happy to find a MH on there front car park ..

Sure the Local Fire Brigade will be really happy to find a MH on there front car park ..

If you rotate, you will see several spots outside the fire station carpark. Why are so many on here so quick to try to put down people who are genuinely trying to help? Where is your suggestion for a parking place?

Richard

I use Google Earth aerial view, then use street view to get a closer look.

Actually, if there is any spare room in the Fire Station grounds, it might be worth asking if it is OK to stay. Senior Management will be on the Golf Course at weekends. :lol-061:

slightly off topic,at our local firestation one of the guys is quite happy staying in his van through the week/shift pattern.
good luck to him.
all the best,jan

Where is your suggestion for a parking place

Perhaps if he was a FULL MEMBER the reply would have been slightly different. What's the point of joining if all you have to do is ask where the best place to park is and someone come on and gives the best places away ..

This park is also very nice with plenty to do nearby. Surprised it's not on the wild camping POI's ..

Google Maps

Last edited:
Perhaps if he was a FULL MEMBER the reply would have been slightly different. What's the point of joining if all you have to do is ask where the best place to park is and someone come on and gives the best places away ..

This park is also very nice with plenty to do nearby. Surprised it's not on the wild camping POI's ..

Google Maps

Have you thought of using Specsavers. :p

Dowel has been a member since 2005 but has not been active for whatever reason. I expect he has a lot of wildcamping under his belt.

Dowel has been a member since 2005 but has not been active for whatever reason. I expect he has a lot of wildcamping under his belt.

Hi ya Maingate, I have to be honest and say I thought the OP was a Free member just asking for a Stopover location too, I didn't look at his Join Date, But never the less, As we all know, Becoming a FULL member (Again !) WOULD give the OP access to the POIs !.

Lets be fair there are SO so many Free Members that hear about this site & even on their introductions ask for free Wild Camping locations information before even Joining in a thread or Banter on the Boards. I don't even bother looking on that board anymore.

It says "free member" under the OP's name, isn't that a clue?

It says "free member" under the OP's name, isn't that a clue?

I'm talking about someone given advice to become a Full Member after being on this forum for 12 years.

Isn't that a clue?

A member can choose to to be either. I would have thought that giving it 12 years to consider, he would have made his mind up by now.

Google Maps

Some of us are on here to be helpful and to learn. Some not it seems.

Richard

Dowel .. Who the hell is that ..

Think you should take your own advice .. :raofl:

Last edited:

Google Maps

[video=youtube;GEStsLJZhzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo[/video]

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back