Crypton tune up

lenny

Years ago I used to get my engine tuned at a garage but could never find any difference when I picked it up:rolleyes:.
Thought about getting my van tuned in this way but was thinking of getting in one of these mobile tuning companies that come to your home or workplace,are they any good?:confused::)

Problem is when I take my foot off the throttle I get a spitting from the exhaust (engines a 2 Lt. petrol 1991)

Years ago I used to get my engine tuned at a garage but could never find any difference when I picked it up:rolleyes:.
Thought about getting my van tuned in this way but was thinking of getting in one of these mobile tuning companies that come to your home or workplace,are they any good?:confused::)

Problem is when I take my foot off the throttle I get a spitting from the exhaust (engines a 2 Lt. petrol 1991)
Hi lenny,
With all of these Crypton and similar diagnosis machines, they are only as good as the person using them and performing any remedial work required.I have had them used myself in the past and would not bother again unless I found someone with very high recomenations.
It sounds as though you do need a service though.
Wilbury

Hi lenny,
With all of these Crypton and similar diagnosis machines, they are only as good as the person using them and performing any remedial work required.I have had them used myself in the past and would not bother again unless I found someone with very high recomenations.
It sounds as though you do need a service though.
Wilbury

Thanks for that ,Wilbury, I do my own servicing and everything is up to scratch but have a feeling it's a timing issue and thats beyond me:eek::)

Hi Lenny,
my Dad ;) always used to say that if you had a 'pop-pop-pop-pop' :eek:from the exhaust when you lifted your foot off the throttle it was a good sign! :cool: I think what he really meant was, that he liked the sound coming from his Bedford CA (about a 1967 camper :eek:) So I've never bothered about it on my 2.0lt Fiat petrol 1992. (Is that the same as yours?) It has been doing it since I've had it, which is only two years now. :D :D Even though it has 181,350mls on the clock. :eek: My son helped me to change cyl head gasket in April, this year. It must have had a rebuild at some time, not too long ago with the original engine numbers matching! There was only 0.002" difference between the top of the bore and 3/8" down with no real carbon build up anywhere. Was I chuffed or what? :cool: I was an engineer before I was stopped from lifting heavy weights. :eek: :eek: JIM.

Thanks for that ,Wilbury, I do my own servicing and everything is up to scratch but have a feeling it's a timing issue and thats beyond me:eek::)
Hi lenny,
I expect your motor has electronic ignition but if it happens not to and has a set of points it could be that the gap needs resetting or the points changing.
If electronic there is usually nothing that changes to vary the timing in use unless something has loosened and moved.
Check for air leaks at manifold joint faces etc.
Wilbury

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back