CR Cleddon (actually it's Whitestone, no idea where the name Cleddon came from)

bartman

Just arrived here, one of our favourite places in the past, to find a notice (attached) indicating that we are no longer welcome. I don't know whether Natural Resources Wales as owners have to comply with the same TRO procedure as local authorities, perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment. In any event, we didn't like the look of the place as it is now, the place is scattered with the remains of fires with blackened beer cans which those responsible for the sign obviously don't want to do anything about. Nor do they want to stop the riding of scrambler motorbikes along the footpaths, much easier to persecute motorhomers
IMG_20210801_133141.jpg

Just arrived here, one of our favourite places in the past, to find a notice (attached) indicating that we are no longer welcome. I don't know whether Natural Resources Wales as owners have to comply with the same TRO procedure as local authorities, perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment. In any event, we didn't like the look of the place as it is now, the place is scattered with the remains of fires with blackened beer cans which those responsible for the sign obviously don't want to do anything about. Nor do they want to stop the riding of scrambler motorbikes along the footpaths, much easier to persecute motorhomers
But they have sorted everything out, they have banned those who didn’t light fires, leave beer cans, nor drive about like idiots in a confined carpark, job done.
Possibly they are being coached by Pembrokeshire council, or even worse East Lothian up here who reckon that we are the route of all their carpark problems.:(
Oh and perhaps someone can tell me how folk sleeping in vans overnight disturbs the wildlife, and how these folk manage to start fires whilst fast asleep.
I suppose the wildlife may well include some of the day time visitors, who are still welcome.

Last edited:
I'm just up the road from Whitestone (named after Cleddon Falls along the footpath from Whitestone). There were problems with overnight yobs camping, leaving litter and having bonfires during the pandemic so all overnight parking was stopped via a barrier and I think NRW have taken the same approach in their other car parks too. Prior to Covid it was a quiet and popular spot.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back