coolbox stopped working?

vantramper

The coolbox in my VW T5 California 2006 model has stopped working. The fuse is OK - removed and checked.

When using the control panel to switch it on, the icon does not appear on the control panel screen but a slight audible click can be heard as if it is trying to switch on. I am not particularly technically minded - it does not work in any of the power modes - battery, external electrical power or when engine running. The control panel seems to work OK as it will still turn on the diesel powered heating system. A suggestion has been made that it may be a problem with the 'relay' - whatever that is! Any helpful suggestions please. Thanks.

The click is probably the relay operating.

A relay is just an electrically operated switch, the button on your control panel switches the relay on which in turn supplies power to the coolbox.

To be honest, if you don't know what a relay is you would be best getting someone who is familiar with campervan electrics to look at it for you - and while they are there you'll be learning a bit too!

AndyC

Make and model of the coolbox? refrigerator? would be good.

My understanding of "coolbox" is that it uses an electronic device called a "Peltier" to cool the insides.

Whereas a "refrigerator" uses a pumped (pumped by heat expansion or a compressor) liquified gas to provide the cooling.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back