Cooker probs!!!!!

Justin and Jane

Hi all.
ive got a maxol montecarlo 3000 oven in our motorhome.
it works ok on low and middle setting but when i turn it up to high the flame stays the same as the middle setting!!
can anyone suggest a fix or any one had the same problem before?
am no gas expert but could it be the valve/jet need cleaning?

kind regards J .

Has it just started doing this or has it always been like it?

My guess would be that the oven control valve needs cleaning and re-greasing, although it could possibly be a restriction in the pipework.

AndyC

Hi andy. thanks for replying. It worked fine up till a few weeks ago!
am not a gas expert on cookers lol! but do you think it could be the valve? i belive its behind the dial ?
would i have to disconnect the pipes to clean it?
what would you suggest?
thanx mate!

If you are not confident of your abilities my suggestion would be to leave well alone and get a qualified person to check it out for you. Gas leaks can be fatal...

It's a long time since I've had a cooker apart for servicing but what's probably happened is that the gas channels within the control valve have become partly blocked. The only way to find out is to take it apart & look. When reassembling you need to apply a very little of a special gas valve grease to ensure that the control turns freely and remains gas-tight. If you apply too much you'll end up with a blocked valve again, not enough and it will leak.

As I said, it might be just a restriction in the gas supply, a pressure check of the system would tell you.

AndyC

Hi Andy thanks dude.

i got someone to look at it this weekend hes a gas reg fitter ! so hopefully he can sort it!
;) cheers J.

Cooker.

If the gas fitter fails get a big hammer and hit it until it does what it should,works for me and its also good therapy for frustration ,marriage problems,mental illness ect trust me it great,watch out for side effect,could cost a lot for a new one,cheers Shawbags.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back