compressor fridge

tony

there is a 2 way compressor fridge in our camper.
we went away for a couple of days.
before we went the fridge was on hook up overnight. the first day we drove 55 miles before stopping for the night.
the second day we drove 25 to 30 miles. both nights we put the fridge on night mode. then the following morning the temperature in the fridge rose.
we discovered the leisure battery had run down. we have led lights which were not on much this time of the year.
anyone any ideas please.
thank you all
tony

Hi Tony. As you have been a member for a while now i presume you have checked the usual items? How old is the battery/ How many a/h rating? Have you measured the battery voltage at the terminals?
Good luck.

Mine is a half size and burns .25 of an amp after startup, we have 2 90ah lead acids which work ok overnight and longer in winter.

there is a 2 way compressor fridge in our camper.
we went away for a couple of days.
before we went the fridge was on hook up overnight. the first day we drove 55 miles before stopping for the night.
the second day we drove 25 to 30 miles. both nights we put the fridge on night mode. then the following morning the temperature in the fridge rose.
we discovered the leisure battery had run down. we have led lights which were not on much this time of the year.
anyone any ideas please.
thank you all
tony
a compressor fridge is rarely described as a "2-way" fridge. They are typically 12V DC or 240V AC compressors. Just to be sure, are you sure it is a compressor model? This time of year, I doubt 'night mode' would be good enough to keep the fridge cold.

How much battery (and what type) do you have? Do you have solar on your van?
a 30 mile drive will put little back into a battery. When you say the battery had "run down", how far? dead enough so nothing works? low enough to stop the fridge starting up?

We have a Dometic CFX3 25 freezer in the back. That's a compressor version. Works fine and its set on -18 its far better than the freezer box in the MH fridge. I have it plugged into 240v socket and 12v socket and it switches over itself depending on whats available. Certainly doesn't run the battery down overnight.

Mines 70 ltr and eats 4 aph = low battery warning sounded just at balloon fest.. Started thursday 78 % on a 100 AH lipo. Still not fully charged today
Added a extra 80 watts of solar on roof now 280 w.in series from parrelle so voltage has shot up Yesterday. ?
Ill be seein what diffences on sc today ? Max sc said 9amps at 145 watts from 2x 100w sp. Flat on roof.

It was ok, untill that rainy day this week !

Whilst away I lowered the setting to 2 bars from 3 . Still makes ice cubes.but it runs longer !

FWIW, I monitor the temperature of both the Freezer and Fridge compartments in my 2-door Compressor Fridge Freezer.
I found with this hot weather the gap between the Fridge and the Freezer temps widened by a few degrees so I had to have the freezer colder to get the fridge back to the correct range.

Data
20220818_103723.jpg
20220818_103552.jpg
20220818_103706.jpg
20220818_103552.jpg
20220818_103552.jpg
20220818_104013.jpg

Attachments

• 20220818_103623.jpg
    20220818_103623.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 53
Mines 70 ltr and eats 4 aph = low battery warning sounded just at balloon fest.. Started thursday 78 % on a 100 AH lipo. Still not fully charged today
Added a extra 80 watts of solar on roof now 280 w.in series from parrelle so voltage has shot up Yesterday. ?
Ill be seein what diffences on sc today ? Max sc said 9amps at 145 watts from 2x 100w sp. Flat on roof.

It was ok, untill that rainy day this week !

Whilst away I lowered the setting to 2 bars from 3 . Still makes ice cubes.but it runs longer !
Solar harvesting went very badly for a couple of days this week. This shows how poorly the batteries recovered on the 15th and 16th.
1660815978033.png

Solar harvesting went very badly for a couple of days this week. This shows how poorly the batteries recovered on the 15th and 16th.
View attachment 111899
Yes bad week to be away on solar alone, I went home as bed collapsed , no questions please . Running repairs completed so vans now in Liverpool . Dave ! I'm going to jacksons in the morning. For inverter and a second b2b qnd mite strech2 the victron bus bar thing ! can I use your trade discount code there ?
Also need to get my refund on a swivel seat I return there last year. Lol.

Yes bad week to be away on solar alone, I went home as bed collapsed , no questions please . Running repairs completed so vans now in Liverpool . Dave ! I'm going to jacksons in the morning. For inverter and a second b2b qnd mite strech2 the victron bus bar thing ! can I use your trade discount code there ?
You still have that swivel refund to sort out!

What model of inverter (multiplus?) is it you are after? the 12/3000? both those and the B2B are not stock items and take a few days.

Inverter was in stock last week when looked up,Going up to the lakes so if not in stock, ill pick up on return

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back