compass drifter 404 1993

fran213

hi,we bought a 404 last week and the external cap for the water storage tank is missing.as we dont have a clue what were looking for just wondered if anyone on here knew where we could get one that would fit.

As a 'get you by', how about one of the temporary fuel filler caps that push fit.

I think they're universal fit, and you could try Halfords.

Regards

Chris

It is always useful to add which part of the country you are from.

I have a cap and keys for an Elddis here but it is no good if you are in Cornwall or France.

It is always useful to add which part of the country you are from.

I have a cap and keys for an Elddis here but it is no good if you are in Cornwall or France.

sorry,never thought about putting where i live.its blyth northumberland and do you think the one you have would fit?new to motorhomes. fran

We regularly exercise the dogs among the dunes between Seaton Sluice and Blyth. So if you PM me a phone number, I will let you know the next time we will be there and you can pick it up or even drive your van to the car park at the battery and we can try it. It will be later this week if the weather is OK, we normally get there between 10 and 10.30 am.

BTW folks, we sometimes see overnighters there. I cannot officially recommend this nice spot as there is a no overnighting sign. The Council chap who opens up the toilets told me not to worry, nobody bothers about m/homes staying there. This is the entrance halfway along the coast road. It has a height barrier which is swung back on a morning and replaced at night. If you needed to be out, you just bypass the barrier and drive over the kerb and back on to the road. A few foreign vans know this spot.

adhesive pads

owning a camper van is a steep learning curve,.I made a bad error which i detail below,my mistake may help someone else to succeed.I bought a plastic reversing mirror.with my partners help we found a position on the rear window,from the driving position i could see the tow bar and about five feet back,perfect,i peeled of the plastic to reveal the adhesive pad and stuck it in position.Two days later i turned on the rear wiper to clear the rain and unfortunately the wiper blade hit the mirror stem.It took a great effort to easeoff the adhesive pad usinga flexible knife blade.We now find that i can still get a good view of the towbar ball and the front of another parked car bi placing the mirror on a slant,and i have clearer vision astern.The new problem is where do i buy a heavy duty double sided adhesive pad that can support 450 grammes in weight and that can be used externally?Halfords are,nt helping at present,have asked at garages plastic using companys and a co.that uses various adhesives,with various suggestions.Unfortunately i,ve thrown the packaging away and it mentioned the adhesiv as being something like (k3)adhesive!.as i said it,s a steep learning curve!!!Perhaps someone can give me a lead on adhesive pads,thank you ,backstay.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back