cleaners

GARY ENGLISH

Any one no of a good product for cleaning tea stains, from inside off cups on melamine. The old mellow ware , cleaned with tooth paste or bicarbonate soda ,but this does not work on melamine.

Grease

Just been to check with the kids breakfast bowls and cups... Plastic scourer and elbow grease worked for me!

Don't know about melamine but for normal cups and mugs badly tea stained I stand them full of strong salt water for an hour or so then the tea stains simply wipe off with a dishcloth.

GARY ENGLISH said:
Any one no of a good product for cleaning tea stains, from inside off cups on melamine. The old mellow ware , cleaned with tooth paste or bicarbonate soda ,but this does not work on melamine.
I have tryed domestos it dont work on melamine:eek: but works on normal cups as long as you rinse them well, ive gone off melamine because it seems to be awkward to clean.:)

Cleaning stains

Hi, have you tried soda crystals? They seem to work on most things. If you buy some from your local supermarket, put about two tablespoons into each cup then 3/4 fill with boiling water and just leave for about an hour, should be clean then and saves on elbow grease. Good luck and let us know if it worked. Has for me.

Size isn't everything

Waaaheyyyy Billy ;) ... Any chance you could change your font size as that frightened me ½ to death when I opened the page... I know my eyesight is getting bad but I don't need that much help:)

billy1000 said:
Hi, have you tried soda crystals? They seem to work on most things. If you buy some from your local supermarket, put about two tablespoons into each cup then 3/4 fill with boiling water and just leave for about an hour, should be clean then and saves on elbow grease. Good luck and let us know if it worked. Has for me.

Magic stuff Soda Crystals... Will clean just about anything, especially outside drains when mixed with hot water, we've also used on the outside of the MH!

Sorry Virgil. Blind as a bat myself so needed to make it big for me to see. Soda Crystals are cheap as well as good aren't they. We have used them on loads of cleaning jobs about the house and worked everytime. Gr8 on unblocking sinks and baths.

Last edited:
Pardon..

billy1000 said:
Sorry Virgil. Blind as a bat myself so needed to make it big for me to see. Soda Crystals are cheap as well as good aren't they. We have used them on loads of cleaning jobs about the house and worked everytime. Gr8 on unblocking sinks and baths.

My missus reckons I have got to go for an eyesight test as I have started to give it the "hold item at arms length and squint at it" method of reading, I will wait until I get back to work first so they can pay for it!:eek:

billy1000 said:
Soda Crystals are cheap as well as good aren't they. We have used them on loads of cleaning jobs about the house and worked everytime. Gr8 on unblocking sinks and baths.
I have got some tea stained melamine cups soaking in soda crystals, now will know the results in about half an hour:rolleyes:

Ok Trevor. Should work as it seems to be good on most cleaning jobs.

Well here is the result

billy1000 said:
Ok Trevor. Should work as it seems to be good on most cleaning jobs.

Well here is the result, soda crystals it definitely dont work, i think even if you gave this stuff (melamine) a jet wash it still would not take the tea stains out of it.:(

Soda Crystals

Don't know what elseto suggest then mate. It has worked on ALL the cleaning jobs i've tried it on but I guess there is always a first for everything.

billy1000 said:
Don't know what elseto suggest then mate. It has worked on ALL the cleaning jobs i've tried it on but I guess there is always a first for everything.
No probs mate, got to log off now the daughter wants to use the pc

GARY ENGLISH said:

Bleach & hot water does the trick, as long as you swill it out well after.

cleaner

GARY ENGLISH said:

Scrounge some beer pipe cleaning fluid from a friendly pub landlord and put a 50/50 mixture of pipe cleaner and water in each mug/cup. Mix thoroughly. Keep off skin. Leave to stand for approx an hour. Rinse well.

Hi,

My method is similar to Autosleepers. I use Milton and boiling water.
I cleaned our cups today and left them soaking for about an hour.
I wouldn't claim this method is guaranteed to be 100%, because some stains still need a pot scourer to shift them, but in the main it's ok.
Our melamine cups are about 7 years old now, but they do seem to need cleaning more often than when they were new.

Mick H.

Try using Sterident or similar I'm sure some of you olderones already have this anyway:D It works great cleaning out and getting rid of the smell from flasks etc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back