Classic motorhome

DOC

068C2810-AA16-4388-B072-45C606B10BF9.jpeg
This is my seventh and probably last motorhome, a 1991 Mercedes Hymer 555. My son persuaded me to change my modern Autocruise for a classic and join the Hymer Owners Club. I haven’t looked back since. They are an awesomely friendly bunch of people and very helpful. I hope to be in Morocco for my 80th birthday in 2021.

Welcome to the club, we have a 1994 Hymer 694 tag axle and wouldn't change it for anything.

Done a lot of restoration work including rebuilding the dashboard and making a new drivers door.
Converted all the lighting to LED, fitted a fully automatic satellite system and solar panels on the roof.
Always something to do with a classic motorhome to keep it road worthy and looking nice.

bumped into a German lass a few years ago on a stelleplatz, her VW LT had just blown it's engine (it was a real shitbox )...she was in tears.
"what will I do ?" she wailed . she just loved the Hymer S520 I was driving at the time.
"I'd love a Hymer" she said. I asked how much she could afford.
"well my grandmother left me some gold bars for emergencies"..........
I had visions of chunky big bars stampted with a swastika !!!!!!
next day she showed up with a bunch of small cute gold bars , probably 5 ozs each & we met up with a rather dodgy looking geezer
on a street corner who cashed them in for her....weird !!!!
I checked out mobile de. & found her a 555S about 30 km away...... been totally rebuilt by a Mercedes mechanic in his workshop.
it was a beaut. think she got it for €9500........
the 555S really is a great classic Hymer......she's still driving it trouble free 10 years later.
hope you enjoy yours as much as she has hers.

Based on the Citroen c15 765 kg chassis cab , I supplied a couple to romahome before the factory supplied direct the main supplier was free borne motors down south Southampton from memory . The c15 itself was a derivative from the Citroen visa ..petrol 1124 cc but mainly the 1769 cc cud series

I read on a forum that the best thing that you can do for your kids is get them interested in classic Citroens.
That way they’ll never have any money for booze or drugs
I think booze and drugs would be the safest option😂

• Funny
Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back