Ciudad Rodrigo, North Spain

Pauljenny

Not finding an aire nearby, I had a shufti.on Google Earth
A car park, S.W.of the cathedral, just outside the Santiago Gate, looked good.
It was perfect for a van 6.2m long and 3250kg.
N: 40.59543
W:6.53274
Cross the River Agueda at Arrabal del Puente, on the Roman bridge.. Max 3.4 tonnes.

No facilities.
Honest Christian folk put a few coins in the parking meter between 1000 & 1300 then 1500& 1800. Cost us 2.20€ for 18 hours.
Outside that it's free. Level parking, quiet,grand views.
Great easy access to the historic walled old town, good grub, and of interest to Peninsular War / Sharpe fans.

we stop by the elvis bar just off the n620n/e of rodrigo.
used to be a real good truckstop and cheap restaurant . there is or was a club next door .
seems elvis bar is shut now but still good place for a night . .its on the right you go round a roundabout and its sign posted . was there earlier this year been using it for about 25 yrs now . my lads used to love it . good food and lots life.

Cheers, Alan
You'd have trouble getting your travelling circus up there, but just below it is a lovely, wide, flat area by the waterside, on the city bank.
You'd be comfy there.
Bit of a climb for stiff old legs,though.

Cheers, Alan
You'd have trouble getting your travelling circus up there, but just below it is a lovely, wide, flat area by the waterside, on the city bank.
You'd be comfy there.
Bit of a climb for stiff old legs,though.
not far from the elvis bar closer to the town is another big carpark area lots park there ,on the left as your on the n620. mind it was a bit full in feb when we passed it.
just up from there on thesa315 above the sa316is trabanco. there is a village carpark there we use as well .
some of the locals always remember us when we get there . my kids were about 8 yr old the first time there now they are almost 40 yrs old . but its still a nice spanish village . water etc available .

Sounds charming.
Just by chance, I Googled ' motorhome parking Spain '.

Hundreds of POIs came up.
How times have changed.
Quite a few motorway services are putting in aire points.
Give it a look?

this might work Google Maps
sorry seems it doesnt but its close to it . the elvis bar
go on it then saelight and elvis bar is just slightle down from the start got like an umbrells roof on it

Last edited:
Ey up, Terry,.
That's not the sort of club that you go to for a game of snooker,a pint and bingo...
That's a knocking shop!
I'm sure Alan wouldn't frequent a place like that?

well i,m not going to say your wrong.
mind i only had one drink in the club.
but the restaurant used to be great.
my youngest lad actually knew one of the young ladies in the club, he knew here from years before in maroc . when they were both young teenagers . it was her first week in her new job in spain . he made her day knowing her and as he could speak arabic to her and other maroc ladoes there he went down well.
years later when we parked there she would come over for a chat and always asked about my lads .
never know where you will meet up with friends or folk you meet anywhere . aaron was about 15 yrs old when he met her first time he was off camping with some maroc teenager while we were over there . he soon learnt arabic , he still speaks it if given the chance .
one year he actually worked in zaggora for a month while we traveled around .
the carpet shop owner just fed and looked after him , said having aaron working for them was great brought in lots tourists and wanted him to stay for ever.

yes thats it . was better before they altered the road.
there used to be another club to the left of the restaurant years ago.
was a good truck park as well. getr a meal for just a few quid .
the beer in the bar was expensive in the clubs but ok in elvis bar.

Ey up, Terry,.

That's a knocking shop!
No good for me then, I haven't got the strength to knock anymore knocking shop 4.pngknocking shop.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back