Christmas Break

Polly

Hia
The worlds our oyster so to speak
But no I am hovering to get away after Boxing Day (sorry not wilding) (not grown up enough yet) maybe near York where there is maybe a bus service close by into York
Or maybe somewhere in Cheshire. Or maybe Midlands
Or somewhere near a canal in these areas so that I can maybe have a stroll
But definitely TV reception, only because its winter and gets dark early. Maybe wi fi !!!!!!!!!
Anyone any ideas!!!!!

Hiya Polly, how about the C and CC site at Boroughbridge?, read some good reports on this one:)

hope its not like this ,this was in aug this year
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t
york2008014.jpg
203/rebbyvid/

york

Polly
Rowntrees park is a great site when its not flooded.

Had a few visits there as York is an interesting area to visit.

Happy memories of taking an inflatable dinghy and motor with us and then taking the Grandchildren exploring up the River Ouse.
There is one or two nice sandy beaches a mile or two up river
and plenty to see.

weez
Tony

Stayed at Rowntree park loads of times, but its normally fully booked, you have to book well in advance to find a pitch, but good luck.

Spiers house near pickering was nice - we went last month it's a forest holidays site - loads of walking.

Hiya Polly, If you don't want to travel too far then there is a site near the canal at Higher poynton.... between Macc and Stockport... but I ca'nt remember the name.
I am away at Leek C&CC site now and It is the worst weekend I have ever had, Just stopped raining after 20 hoursbut I went into Leek and bought a 3 dongle :confused: so I now have the site when on the road;) whether thats a good thing or not ....time will tell.
merry festivities to you and your family, look forward to seeing you at Hayfield next year.

Rick Im just about to buy a dongle this weekend, was the 3 dongle simple to use and setup ? are you pay as you go or contract ? any advice for me.

Regards Tom

PS Still pouring down in Durham too !!

Rick Im just about to buy a dongle this weekend, was the 3 dongle simple to use and setup ? are you pay as you go or contract ? any advice for me.

Regards Tom

PS Still pouring down in Durham too !!

Dead simple even for a prat like me.... I just went in the shop bought a dongle and £15 top up on pay as you go..... I should have bought a £10 top up as there is no way I will use 100 hours in a month but I did not know there was a 30 day use by limit... However they do a £100 deal which includes 12 gigs.... my £15 is 3 gigs and I think that(£100 deal) has no time limit.
I got back from the bus here at 2.45 and was online just after 3...... not bad even when I was a complete techno plonker..... So go ahead.... I just hope it does'nt turn me into a laptop weekender sado....... when I should be up in the hills......... but you know the weather and all:eek: oh sorry paid £63.98 all in including the top up.

Last edited:
Hi Polly,
Try the Olde No3 Inn
Lymm Rd, Little Bollington Altrincham
Cheshire
WA14 4TA GB
Phone: 01925 757222
Longitude: -2.35555556666667
Latitude: 53.3833333333333

It has a layby right next to it and I often see a motorhome overnighting. It's right on the Bridgewater canal. Lymm village centre not far to the west and Dunham Massy park to the west. You can link up with the Trans Pennine trail for a circular walk. Have a good Christmas.

Hiya Polly, If you don't want to travel too far then there is a site near the canal at Higher poynton.... between Macc and Stockport... but I ca'nt remember the name.
I am away at Leek C&CC site now and It is the worst weekend I have ever had, Just stopped raining after 20 hoursbut I went into Leek and bought a 3 dongle :confused: so I now have the site when on the road;) whether thats a good thing or not ....time will tell.
merry festivities to you and your family, look forward to seeing you at Hayfield next year.

I think the one at Poynton is

Elm Beds Caravan park

Elm Beds Road
Poynton
Stockport
Cheshire
SK12 1TG

Tel: 01625 872370

Not sure if its open all year though.
jules

do what a friend of mine dose buy a 47 kilo bottle turn it upsode down and fill your 15 kilo bottle yourself @only £38 per 47 kilo bottle that is around £15 per fill up thats cheap and extreemly dangerouse.
is it worth the gamble on your life
for me it is not

do what a friend of mine dose buy a 47 kilo bottle turn it upsode down and fill your 15 kilo bottle yourself @only £38 per 47 kilo bottle that is around £15 per fill up thats cheap and extreemly dangerouse.
is it worth the gamble on your life
for me it is not

:D LOL, have you been on the wine TS :eek::p, posting this thread on Christmas Break:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back