Cheltenham parking for large motorhome

GMJ

Hi

We are visiting Cheltenham on Friday 21st June and have to take an elderly relative for a hospital appointment. We will be in our motorhome which is 8.7m long and 3m in height. We'll also have the car so we can do the hospital run.

We need somewhere safe to park up for 3 hours. Both P&R options in Cheltenham have height barriers so that's out. The parking doesn't need to be in Cheltenham, it can be nearby but it does need to be safe as we'll be leaving the MH unattended for 3 hours.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi

We are visiting Cheltenham on Friday 21st June and have to take an elderly relative for a hospital appointment. We will be in our motorhome which is 8.7m long and 3m in height. We'll also have the car so we can do the hospital run.

We need somewhere safe to park up for 3 hours. Both P&R options in Cheltenham have height barriers so that's out. The parking doesn't need to be in Cheltenham, it can be nearby but it does need to be safe as we'll be leaving the MH unattended for 3 hours.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Might be worth looking for a cheap CL/CS nearby Graham. Some are still only £7-10 overnight I believe and even if you are not staying overnight it may be as cheap as parking somewhere else and you would have the added security.

If you explain the situation they may let you have it cheaper given that they could still re-let the pitch at short notice overnight.

That is a great idea.

I'll look into it.

I've left a message for the C&MC club to ring me back re the Racecourse site. Also I've emailed the Council and the Racecourse itself to see what they can do as well but I'll check out your idea (y)

I've also cheekily emailed Briarfields as well as we are regular customers there. Shy bairns get nowt as they say....:)

Have a look at OU Cheltenham. I added this a couple of years ago and found it to be ideal. It's parked up in the daytime but should have plenty of room come the evening. I don't believe there are any restrictions on parking.

I googled OU Cheltenham but it didn't come up with anything. Could you please advise further?

ta

Or Gloucester services on the M5 if you’re taking a car, dedicated parking and good quality food and dog walk, same owners as Tebay.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
We've stopped there before. Nice sausage rolls and Scotch eggs but HOLY MOLY were they expensive!

They only allow 3 hours parking which would be too tight for our needs. It's £23 for stays of between 3 - 24 hours (albeit that that includes a £5 voucher off food).

I had a look on the App. There is nothing really suitable.

Is gloucester too far out as they have a car park that takes motorhomes.
barrier at night but open in the day.
It's used for coach parking. We have stopped there they have long bays at the back. Its where council traffic wardens send you.we have stopped overnight
Or
the "old spot pub" stopover between Tewkesbury and Cheltenham
Screenshot_20240608_132459_searchforsites.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
Gloucester is probably too far but the pub looks interesting. Thanks (y)

Back