Checker plate chanel

campervanannie

I’m trying to find a piece of checker plate to fill a gap where we have removed the wine rack (wine never lasts that long in our van) but it has left the pipes unprotected the measurements are 4” across the top with a 1”drop and 1” splayed out for the screws if I cannot buy channeling how had would it be to bend a flat piece
IMG_0966.jpeg
IMG_0967.jpeg

Depends on the thickness ....the thinner stuff 1.5mm etc is fairly easy to bend ...
Thicker stuff can be pretty strong without a decent bender .

If you have a decent fabrication place nearby they would probably sell you an off cut and bend it for the price of a drink or biscuit fund contribution .

It's usually referred to as aluminium 5 bar tread plate and various thickness BTW (if you are wanting to match it )

I’m trying to find a piece of checker plate to fill a gap where we have removed the wine rack (wine never lasts that long in our van) but it has left the pipes unprotected the measurements are 4” across the top with a 1”drop and 1” splayed out for the screws if I cannot buy channeling how had would it be to bend a flat piece
View attachment 131903View attachment 131904
Let me have dims and I’ll get it sorted for you.

Your best taking a photo with a ruler between the two foot plate ends and then I can scale it, but we need the length also or measure the whole length and the width and height of the cables and we can sort 1 piece as suggested by runnach.

Your best taking a photo with a ruler between the two foot plate ends and then I can scale it, but we need the length also or measure the whole length and the width and height of the cables and we can sort 1 piece as suggested by runnach.
Ok just having my tea then I will take photos.

No rush, the guy who will do it ain’t back in till Wednesday anyway

Annie that was not for bottles that was for gallon drums. Of wine !.. lol.

them 12mm water pipes will still freeze there, so mite as well be under the van. And remove the trip hurdle.?

Any way Put some 30mm pipe insulation them on them if your covering them with a plate !

Annie that was not for bottles that was for gallon drums. Of wine !.. lol.

them 12mm water pipes will still freeze there, so mite as well be under the van. And remove the trip hurdle.?

Any way Put some 30mm pipe insulation them on them if your covering them with a plate !
It’s not a trip hazary as it’s in the garage and they can only freeze if you leave water in them 💋💋

Didn’t cost anything, but I’ve not been back to the workshop so it’s not been posted yet, sorry. I’ve been busy with other stuff.

Some kwak stuff an estate agent, a carpet fitter, HMRC (incompetent idiots), a landscape gardener, have all taken up my time, oh and I cut my finger off.

Lied about the finger btw 😉

I’ll sort the postage tomorrow

Back