Certificate of quality air, for France and Germany

Mobilvetta

Hi, I applied for the disc you display on your window for both Germany and France in 2019, thinking I would need it on our trip in the spring of 2020.

Unfortunately the Covid lockdown put paid to that trip. Does anyone know how long these discs last for, before they expirr and you have to reapply for a new one. Cannot see any expiry dates on the discs or with the letters that came with them.

Also have any other European countries bought out legislation recently, were by you have to display an emissions sticker to enter certain towns and city's.

Just want to prepare incase we can travel abroad in the autumn.

Attachments

• IMG_20210504_164630.jpg
    IMG_20210504_164630.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20210504_164513.jpg
    IMG_20210504_164513.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 81
Hi, I applied for the disc you display on your window for both Germany and France in 2019, thinking I would need it on our trip in the spring of 2020.

Also have any other European countries bought out legislation recently, were by you have to display an emissions sticker to enter certain towns and city's.
They don't expire and There is zones in other countries if you download the app which you need to see which zones are activated and for which class of vehicle their all on it
order your badge Here from official French site no commission charges

Last edited:
Great news, I can't see if I would need one for our 2018, 125cc Honda PCX for Germany, it already has the one on it for France.

Or Windscreen !
Well at some point I will probably need that replacing as it has a very tiny chip on it, but no cracks and it just passed its first MOT, so I presume they didn't notice it, even though it was within the windscreen wiper range on the drivers side. In fairness though it just looks like a fly spatter it is so small, I only noticed it when I was polishing the front screen.

Well at some point I will probably need that replacing as it has a very tiny chip on it, but no cracks and it just passed its first MOT, so I presume they didn't notice it, even though it was within the windscreen wiper range on the drivers side. In fairness though it just looks like a fly spatter it is so small, I only noticed it when I was polishing the front screen.
Your car may fail its MOT if: ... The windscreen is chipped or cracked. The maximum damage size is 10mm in the drivers' line of vision (a vertical strip 290mm wide centred on the steering wheel), 40mm elsewhere in the rest of the area swept by the wiper blades.

Maybe worth having your insurance mend the chip to stop it growing in the future, often a free service

I only noticed it when I was polishing the front screen.
I've used one of these to fill a chip a couple of times very pleased with the result

We had to buy a new one for France when the windscreen was replaced. The German one peeled off so we reused it.

Just get some clear static cling vinyl and attach the stickers to that and then put then in the screen, windscreen gets damaged they can be moved.

private plate scam, yes it works.

Why anyone would risk a fine over a sticker that costs €6 when my screen was replaced I requested new stickers for France & Germany which came by return post

Why anyone would risk a fine over a sticker that costs €6 when my screen was replaced I requested new stickers for France & Germany which came by return post
Quite right, but when your not in your MH, but in a van driving up and down Europe to build Events non stop, its different.
I have German, French, Austrian and Swiss permits in the windscreen and when it breaks on a Friday as you leave Italy and then have to get home, tip, reload and be back in Italy on Tuesday having built a stage in Germany on Monday you just don’t need the headache of a Swiss traffic warden or a Frankfurt camera giving you shite on top of a busy season (not that that’s happened again this year) a piece of static plastic is worth it’s weight in gold at that moment in time.

Quite right, but when your not in your MH, but in a van driving up and down Europe to build Events non stop, its different.
Who ever checked I expect they'd know if a sticker had been issued for that vehicle only ever been stopped once and they did look at it and I was glad it was fixed within the guide lines
Better to have none if they've been issued than have them not fitted as directed

Who ever checked I expect they'd know if a sticker had been issued for that vehicle only ever been stopped once and they did look at it and I was glad it was fixed within the guide lines
Better to have none if they've been issued than have them not fitted as directed
I have German, French, Austrian and Swiss permits in the windscreen and when it breaks on a Friday as you leave Italy and then have to get home, tip, reload and be back in Italy on Tuesday having built a stage in Germany on Monday you just don’t need the headache of a Swiss traffic warden or a Frankfurt camera giving you shite on top of a busy season (not that that’s happened again this year) a piece of static plastic is worth it’s weight in gold at that moment in time.

Would a simple solution not be to request replacement AS IF windscreen were damaged to have as a handy spare?

I did have a spare and this was because when I ordered one, it was very late in arriving and by then I had contacted them for non delivery, They sent me another!
I always carried the paper certificate which came with the sticker as proof of compliance
I am sure this would suffice, if a windscreen had been replaced, prior to getting a replacement sticker
The email they send you with the number would be enough proof of compliance. According to their small print . Just the French one ,
Though I also carry the paper one.
I have no idea on others

I had to apply for a new one only days before going away because of a cracked windscreen. I had a confirmation email confirming that I had applied. Luckily the new one arrived in time,but I think I could have used the email as proof.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back