CB radio

winchman

Just having a clear out and saw them being discussed here so thought I would ask.
Its a Maxcom 40 channel UK legal CB, old but works. Has a cig lighter plug on the power lead
£15

CB

I'll have it off you if it is still for sale.

Could you let me know
Ta Shane

Its a 1982 set, the same 40 uk channels every one still uses.
I am in St.Helens Merseyside junction 7 of the M62

cb radio

Northumberland
01669 621 964
If we are out just leave your details and I will give you a ring

Thanks
Shane

I'm glad you said that as my next question was going to be which frequencies are being used by most.

All information necessary is here:
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/bi...radio-use/citizens-band-radio/cbinfosheet.pdf

Channel 19 is the mobile (Truckers) calling channel
Channel 9 was the channel reserved for emergency calls. This was monitored by members of REACT but is not monitored much or at all in most parts of the UK.
Channel 14 was/is the normal calling channel.

It is normal practice to make contact on the calling channel then move to a free channel to carry on the contact.

I monitor Channel 19 (UK & EU) while on the move and pass on road problems if I come across them.

Suggestion: Why don't we monitor CH 14 (EU) for other Motorhomers on sites, or when wilding and CH 19 (EU) on the move?

John

Citizens' Band (CB) Radio Licensing Update
From 8 December 2006, it will no longer be necessary to hold a Wireless Telegraphy (WT) Act licence in order to operate Citizens’ Band Radio equipment, providing that the equipment is operated in accordance with the WT (Exemption) (Amendment) Regulations 2006.

CB users share spectrum which is in a frequency band managed by the Ministry of Defence (MOD). This use is secondary to that of the MOD (the primary spectrum user) and it should be noted that CB users must be prepared to accept incoming interference caused by continuing use of this spectrum by the MOD.

Please note: users must understand that CB radio equipment shall be operated on a 'non-interference, non-protected' basis; that is, it shall not cause harmful interference to, and shall not claim protection from, other radio services.

Last edited by a moderator:
CB Radio

Winchman are you out there - " Good Buddy "

If so you can get me on 01669 621 964

Thanks
Shane aka Higgy.

One hears horror stories about the Police enforcing the rules and knowing my luck...

Holiday was OKish: I never realised how tied one was with a larger vehicle. Once you rocked up somewhere, it was very hard to travel on to see "the sights". I don't know what the answer is to that as yet: Maybe one of THESE

Answer

Bikes, Motor Scooter or Motor Bike, Small Car Trailer or towed.

I discounted Bikes

My motor bike wouldn't fit on the carrier. (1960 Norton Jubilee)

I didn't like the idea of the extra wear and tear on a towed car so I use a Smart on a trailer.

John

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back