Caravan Windows

Aaron_TransitVan

Has anyone got any for Sale or know where i could find a breaker?

I dont want to fit them, im cheating. Basically i want to goto a campsite but they wont allow my van becoz it has no windows, so im gonna get a couple of old caravan windows, clean them up and attach them to the side door and back door with a bit of material inside so they look fitted:D

Cheers

I dont want to fit them, im cheating. Basically i want to goto a campsite but they wont allow my van becoz it has no windows, so im gonna get a couple of old caravan windows, clean them up and attach them to the side door and back door with a bit of material inside so they look fitted:D

Cheers

Just tell them that you have the disability; "Photic Sneeze Reflex"(Allergic to bright light) and then they can't refuse admission.;)

Failing that, just tell them your a Vampire:eek::D:cool:

Cheers

discrimination of the worst kind i would find another site or if you are a member of one of the caravan clubs ect i would complain to them

discrimination of the worst kind i would find another site or if you are a member of one of the caravan clubs ect i would complain to them

Did you tell have told your insurance company that you have a Motorhome? If it is insured as such, then there is every chance, that should you have an accident, that your insurance will be declared void.
Camp sites can turn away who ever they want to. There have been instances of Hobby shed-tuggers being turned away because the "occupations" of other Hobby owners.
A lot of West Country campsites will turn away vans because a large percentage seem to be used by young people who are determined to have a good time and s*d everyone else.
You'll probably find that the Caravan Club and Camping & Caravan Club are the main discriminators...
Some people have been building what are termed "stealth campers" ie no windows on the sides, sign written etc and even down to having some overalls hanging up in the cab. They have had a difficult time getting insured. It can be done but its tricky

You'll probably find that the Caravan Club and Camping & Caravan Club are the main discriminators...

I'd be interested to see hard evidence to back up that statement.

When we were at the CC site at Tewkesbury nearly a year ago there were two caravans with transit vans as tow vehicles. Both of the vans showed signs of rust and other indicators of being well used but nobody bothered them.

Graham

When we were at the CC site at Tewkesbury nearly a year ago there were two caravans with transit vans as tow vehicles. Both of the vans showed signs of rust and other indicators of being well used but nobody bothered them.

Graham
when i had a 7 mtr caravan towed with a transit i was turned away from abbey wood c&caravan site even though this van was my home at the time i was classed as one of the people who lived down the road
as next to abbey wood station were so called travelers permantly sited on there own land
i found most of the people there extreemly nice and helpfull one chap even repaired my home made tow bar for nothing
but the impresion i was given from the c& caravan site was that i was an inferior type of person and not wanted there

when i had a 7 mtr caravan towed with a transit i was turned away from abbey wood c&caravan site even though this van was my home at the time i was classed as one of the people who lived down the road
as next to abbey wood station were so called travelers permantly sited on there own land

Thanks. I hope you put in a strongly worded complaint to the CC.

Graham

Graham

It was a couple of letters in the wonderful C&CC magazine. Mind you, the C&CC did have an article suggesting the use of Vans as tow vehicles :D

it was a few years ago to young then to moan
a bit wiser now i hope
with age the ability to moan just seems to get easier
I hope it is just that age gives us the wisdom to realise that we can stand up to people who are in the wrong :)

It was a couple of letters in the wonderful C&CC magazine. Mind you, the C&CC did have an article suggesting the use of Vans as tow vehicles :D

Good on the C&CC - I hope they disagreed with the letters which I assume were from members rather than C&CC policy.

Graham

transit windows

hi just dont put to many in because they let a lot of cold in

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back