car fuel hydro charger?

irenerobbie

Help, what is this? I was told I could get 100 extra miles out off a tank of diesel if i do this and I want a 100 extra miles. Any info please
K.

I saw one of these on a LDV Convoy conversion about 4 years ago, the driver made it himself from a plan on tinternet he said it was very safe. I didn't hear what else he said....well you cant when running can you:eek:, but I did look it up myself and it is supposed to be safe. Id want a lot more information and convincing before I would trust it, but that's just me,

There are plenty of HHO generators for sale - plans, kits and the finished items. Often mis-understood as "run your car on water scams" which they are NOT. You cannot run any vehicle on the HHO that the alternator can produce. Very basic kits just produce HHO with no safety considerations, advanced kits have electronics to manage HHO production according to throttle position/road speed/flame traps/gas drier/turn off at idle/use the manifold Oxygen sensors/etc etc.

They produce Hydrogen and Oxygen gas which is then piped to the inlet manifold, sucked into the engine. The water is split by using electrolysis, from the "excess" electrical power from the alternator - which may or may not be true. A 70Amp alternator can consume upto 10HP - which consumes fuel. Most of the HHO generators produce small quantities of gas which is used immediately so (again in theory) there is a low risk of explosion.

The gases help reduce fuel consumption by more completely burning the fuel (diesel or petrol), which in theory is correct as internal combustion engines never burn the fuel as completely as they should. Leyland Trucks fiddled with oxygen injection back in the 60s or 70s - which is roughly the same theory of increasing the burn by using oxygen.

I read about an Indian coal powered electricity generator who is installing HHO generators into its boilers to reduce emmissions and fully burn the coal. They were claiming 30% (I think) savings in coal consumption.

There are a series of problems -

the HHO is hot which reduces the density of the charge air, so often an intercooler is required to cool the air back to the optimum 28C before you get the promised fuel savings. An intercooler increases the risks by storing a few litres of the HHO gas.

Price versus savings - you'd need to do the numbers - if you do 200,000kms a year it would pay back in a few weeks, 15,000kms a year and it would take for ever.

Hi there Katirene, still not much luck with the Hydrogen thingy then I see.;)

Ne'er mind, if you suss it gie's a message cos I'd quite like 100 miles extra as well.;):)

Thank your

Thanks for replies and Rodger I'm sure that your reply would make sense if only I could understand it. I'm going to try it, so watch this space.
K.

oh dear watched the u tube thingy .looks a bit iffy to me prob the 100 miles extra you get is when it goes bang and blows you that far :D:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back