cant up load

Oscarsmum

Hi folks how do i upload a pic thats the right size? just tried to upload it says my file is too big, technology has got the better of me:confused:

You need image manipulation software such as Photoshop (expensive) or Gimp (free!!), where you can resize your image to any size you want (between 800 and 1024 pixels on the long edge is a good size for forums), or you can upload to Photobucket, which will automatically resize the image for you.

If you have Windows 7, there is a resizing feature in 'My Pictures' that reduces them small enough to use on the forum. i don't need any external programme now.

Another option is ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I would stick to 640x480 or 320x240 for forums.

This will resize for you as you upload, and host it for you, even down to mini pics for avatars and thumbnails all the way up to massive pics. Very easy to use, it's just on a pull down menu and one click to upload :)

I would stick to 640x480 or 320x240 for forums.

These sizes are far too small for images - can't see enough detail to make them interesting!!

Quite often on this forum, a member has posted an image and when I click on the thumbnail, the opened image is so small that it's really not worth looking at. A good, big, reasonable quality image is far easier to look at.

If you have Windows 7, there is a resizing feature in 'My Pictures' that reduces them small enough to use on the forum. i don't need any external programme now.

That's fine if you only work in JPEG, but if you have RAW images, then I don't think it will work - correct me if I'm wrong, I no longer use the dreaded Windows.

Most of us are just occasional photo snappers and jpeg is the norm.

The lady just needs guidance in the basic steps of uploading a photo.

Point and shoot cameras usually save as Jpeg by default AFAIK. I don't think anyone would use RAW image data unless they were into pro photography or pro printing. Image shack will handle all common image files eg jpeg, png, gif, ico, bmp, and tiff

Why not just post from Photobucket. You can resize your pictures there while uploading. Just go to options and select the size you want. :dance::dance:

Haha Photobucket is down at the moment Are you sure it wasn't you, overloading the system ? :scared:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back