Can I (or should I) use these batteries

guerdeval

I have an opportunity to buy a few 12volt AGM batteries but they’re 55 amp so I was thinking of connecting about 6 or 7 together to replace my existing 2x110amp which are getting tired ,they would take up less space as they’re smaller so more versatile in restricted space, good or bad idea ? IMG_1045.png

I have an opportunity to buy a few 12volt AGM batteries but they’re 55 amp so I was thinking of connecting about 6 or 7 together to replace my existing 2x110amp which are getting tired ,they would take up less space as they’re smaller so more versatile in restricted space, good or bad idea ?View attachment 128631
All depends on price, if i were changing and dont want the hasstle of going lipo i would go for lead carbon batteries as the have 1300 cycles and apart from able to discharge deeper and sit in part charge, £200 for a 100ah.

I have an opportunity to buy a few 12volt AGM batteries but they’re 55 amp so I was thinking of connecting about 6 or 7 together to replace my existing 2x110amp which are getting tired ,they would take up less space as they’re smaller so more versatile in restricted space, good or bad idea ?View attachment 128631
Guess it depends on the price.
no reason why not. I saw a camper conversion belonging to neighbours daughter with a bunch of 17Ah 12V Alarm Batteries fitted :D
I did swap them out FOC for a normal 100Ah Motorhome type battery (donated by Campervanannie IIRC when we swapped her battery out (y))

It’s a Sargent EC328 unit and the existing batteries don’t have normal posts, I’ll look tomorrow what terminals look like, I’m looking at paying £20 per battery they’re brand new boxed and there are about 12 in total so if it’s looking feasible I’ll look into it a bit more, thanks for replies.IMG_1047.png

Last edited:
5mm bolts is that good for your usage ? 120 quid for 300ah very good = 150 amps ?

100amp fused box 10 at 10. If you not using a invertor should be OK. Then you mite need 6, so Take all 12 , but the wire / bus bars could up the price !

It’s a Sargent EC328 unit and the existing batteries don’t have normal posts, I’ll look tomorrow what terminals look like, I’m looking at paying £20 per battery they’re brand new boxed and there are about 12 in total so if it’s looking feasible I’ll look into it a bit more, thanks for replies.View attachment 128638
At £20/55Ah, that is a good deal.
Assuming you can make up your own cables, that would only add less than £1 per battery to the interconnections for the cable and ring terminals.
There is no reason why you can't use then same as any other battery.

This is the existing terminal so I think I might be lucky, it says on the proposed battery float charge 2.27 to 2.3. And cycle application 2.3 to 2.4, can anyone explain please and would it be best to make one big battery or 2 smaller ones if I’m getting 6 in total ? IMG_0591.jpeg

Are you getting a bigger invertor ? .

My next van will be 24v system

Don’t have one, I have a small one but haven’t wired it in as I have a power station for charging laptop,phone etc
Charge all our phones from van via usb or cigy sockets, no power banks or inverters required except for my fridge.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back