campsite

roifromnwales

I know it sounds daft to post this on here but I have a chance to buy a campsite.
at the present time it is undeveloped and has a couple of toilets only.
It has a hard standing area for mhers and plenty of other pitches.
BUT it is a wild area wich is why we use it,
400 yds from an excellent beach
private areas for camping in small groups. which will have a fire pit for bonfires.
water on tap. no hook ups at the moment but I plan to put in a few.
a Uk residential address for full timers [with full forwarding service] and as it is a country address it should save a lot on insurance for some.
an area for No children parking
an area for family parking.
we are talking £4-5 a night less for a week
there are no waste facilities as yet but that would be a priority
Now tell me as a wold camper would you use something like that if you were in the area {no wilding allowed locally]
tell me what you would want in the way of facilities?
showers play area
and I would be looking for volunteers [free pitch] to look over the site while I go off wilding a couple of times a year

sounds great ill be looking for a full time pitch in about 15 years put me on your waiting list.

Cas :)

after working on one last summer i say go for it if done right it will make you a good life it will have ups and downs but that is life and as for a waste point you have got one buy useing the toilet it would not take much to sort that out make a plan make it good and clean that is why campers came back to the site were the wife and i worked . you tell me what could go wrong just make shaw all the paper work is right .all the best good luck life is to short :D

if i do get it then you lot will have to come for a rally.
as we are all really wild campers i'll be a swine and charge y'all a quid a night lol
no volunteers to site sit over the summer? yet :D

any techy buffs here that can answer this
the chemicals we use in the port potti's would they stop me from using the waste in a methane converter?
Always wanted to make myself one of they for free fuel buty never had enough chickens etc

i,ll come on late at night and leave early in morning bet you dont get the quid, :D :lol: :) :blink:

sounds good to us, go for it its a chance in a lifetime, moy and keith

then let me ask for some help

1 ie-mail me direct at team-x@supanet.com with a note of how you like my ideas for the site, any other things that you would like to be considered to be added to the facilities. and would you use it and how often.
These are for the bank manager to go with the business plan so nothing silly please.

2 if any of you have some spare cash anything from 500 to 10k and would like to invest then let's talk.
I prefer friends to banks anyday and will offer better returns than any other investment plus free camping.
all would be written up legally.

some time back some cfer's proposed we buy a woodland between us to use as a site. we were put off by the regs and rules.
a campsite does not have those restrictions and I'm hopeful that many of them will come in on this with me. and also some of you.

this will not stop me being a wild camper or supporting wild camping. it is our land and we should be able to use it as long aS WE DO NOT DAMAGE IT.

Originally posted by roifromnwales@Apr 5 2005, 08:12 PM
any techy buffs here that can answer this
the chemicals we use in the port potti's would they stop me from using the waste in a methane converter?
Always wanted to make myself one of they for free fuel buty never had enough chickens etc
undefined

sorry Roi dont know, but if you get in touch with the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) Near Machynlleth in Wales im sure they could advise. they have dozens of books and manuals on such things

unfortunately I now have my answer
yes it would, that is exactly what they are designed for so wont be able to use it to generate my gas fuel for the heating of the showers and water. bum it would have saved a lot of loot and helped keep fees down but i still think I can make it at a fiver a night which is not too bad. many of us have to pay that for car parking for the day.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back