camping in Telford

snowgoose

:) Hi folks am looking for any sugestions for a quiet place for a nite or 3 in either "Telford/Ironbridge" area Shropshire or fairly close by. Plan to go in around 3 week time. All or any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Snowgoose.

Telford camping

Sammi your a goodun thank's,as to the Scots bit I have a wee bit passed down M Granparents Highland, P Gran parents Lowland, Blood diluted with a wee dram of single speyside.
Virgil would have to be carefull parking close to flytippers they might think my old van was part of it :D but thank's for tip[no pun intended]

Steuart.

snowgoose said:
Sammi your a goodun thank's,as to the Scots bit I have a wee bit passed down M Granparents Highland, P Gran parents Lowland, Blood diluted with a wee dram of single speyside.
Virgil would have to be carefull parking close to flytippers they might think my old van was part of it :D but thank's for tip[no pun intended]

Steuart.
your welcome snowgoose,i will try looking for somewhere else too,i will keep you posted mate ;)

***** said:
Not a bad little spot!
I have passed many times with truck but have never stoped but looks quite ok!:cool:
cheers graham,i thought it looked like a good place too,:D

The naturist club on the A5 near Jun 4 of the M54 has touring pitches if you like the 'bare' essentials !!!

Voxy

voxol51 said:
The naturist club on the A5 near Jun 4 of the M54 has touring pitches if you like the 'bare' essentials !!!

Voxy
where by is that then exactly do you have a postcode or web address voxol51? my caravan mates have some friends into naturism i could pass this info onto them,i think my mates quite fancy a bit of naturism too,as she keeps on talking about it,bless her :) i think her hubby doesnt want to do it & maybe i think she's too shy,personally i would be too shy but im not knocking any1 who does it,good on em :D

Hi Sam,
Telford Naturist Club
Telford Naturist Club is situated in a rural position 3km East of Telford, yet near to the M54.We are open all the year round and welcome visitors from all accredited naturist clubs and organisations. Camping and caravaning facilities are available though prior notice is essential.There is a Bar at weekends. Facilities on site include miniten, volleyball, boule and shuffleboard courts, a heated swimming pool, a sauna and h/c showers, 20 acres of natural woodland for naturist walks, children's play area and a youth room. Telford is just 8km from the Ironbridge Gorge Museums and is a good base from which to visit historic Bridgnorth, Much Wenlock and Shrewsbury and to explore the lovely Shropshire countryside.Enquiries to : TNC Ltd, The Windings, Grange Lane, Telford, Shropshire TF2 9PB

Telephone:01952 610873
Email:tncltd@tiscali.co.uk

If your friends enjoy touring as well as naturism don't forget to mention Suntreckers. Our website is www.suntreckers.org.uk

Voxy.

hi well thanks for the info,my mates friends'll be well pleased with that,i know the area pretty well as i am from shropshire myself...i did a lot of coach trips to telford...i will pass the info onto my friends and they can pass it on,i think they are from notts way....so prob only an 1hr 30 mins,not bad for them eh,thanks for that samm:D

voxol51 said:

Voxy

Voxy ... Seems there are quite a few Naturists amongst us Wildcampers!

You'd never know as we all look similar with our clothes on.
paperbag.gif

virgil said:

paperbag.gif
i dont think i would have the guts to do it though virgil.......would you?:D
i admire those who can though ;)

hello
i live in bridgnorth
and no of a couple of places to park up for the night
1 is a field the women next door has she has a big static caravan on there
and 1 in a nice layby next to a trout fishing pool very quite and out the way
nice bridgnorth town
10 mins down the road you have brosley and then ironbridge
and good for shopping telford town centre

virgil said:

Aye, and it helps with the payload only having the bare essentials !!

Voxy.

voxol51 said:
Aye, and it helps with the payload only having the bare essentials !!

Voxy.
yes good idea that voxol51,it takes me days to organise my wardrobe to take in the m/h.......;)
i should join the naturist club and it'll save me tons of hassle :rolleyes: ;)
my hubby hates me getting ready for a night out even.....i wonder if i could persuade him to join too......:p
too shy i think x

Wild Sites around Ironbridge :

It was a couple of years ago for me, so maybe things have changed but I spent a few nights in the Car Park immediately adjacent to the IronBridge (drive over the new road bridge, and double back up the country lane). There were two other campervans the nights I stayed. Make sure you're up early to either move on, or buy a pay & display ticket as the warden checks early!

Also, if you're "doing the museums", they allow you to be "locked in" the furnace & library car park overnight.

All the best !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back