camping in spain

iancall

im off to spain in a few weeks in my homebuild vw t4. this is my first trip to spain and portugal and would appreciate any advice from anyone who has done the trip, espcialy the things NOT to do.cheers

In Spain ignore the red blooded types that WILL tailgate you and wheel and cavort all over the road until they can pass even if you are cruising at a good lick. Unlike the UK nobody takes it personally (unless you choose to) so it is best to just switch off and rather keep a wary eye for Basque bombers and butcheries offering Fresh Chorizo, yum!

We were advised by other travellers to avoid overnighting (or even stopping) in the motorway service areas along the Med coast. I ignored the advice and got a door lock broken for my stupidity. So I'd advise avoiding those roads.

In Northern Spain and Portugal we had no problems, found wild spots quite easily. Off tourist season and I'd say there will be no problems outside of large cities.

We were advised by other travellers to avoid overnighting (or even stopping) in the motorway service areas along the Med coast. I ignored the advice and got a door lock broken for my stupidity. So I'd advise avoiding those roads.

In Northern Spain and Portugal we had no problems, found wild spots quite easily. Off tourist season and I'd say there will be no problems outside of large cities.

thank you all who replied,ill heed all your advice.thanks again

hi ian when are you going and where are you heading for,i am setting off on thursday heading to tarifa on the southern tip of spain if you get that far say hello,i have a kontiki with no plate K19URF

hi ian when are you going and where are you heading for,i am setting off on thursday heading to tarifa on the southern tip of spain if you get that far say hello,i have a kontiki with no plate K19URF

Hi ian, thanks for you message. we have no route planed, just thought down to portugal then travel south and then work our way across southern spain. i have made a note of your details so i will look out for you when im in the area. we are leaving on sunday so if you see a hitop green wvt5 driving on the wrong side of the road, that will probably be me. have a safe trip. ian

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back