Camping in minus 20

mlynnf50

Hello all,
Does anyone have any knowledge in camping in the snow at minus 20, I need information on what you do about water and things like that, our van is winterized and they said we can camp up to minus 25 but would like to know how to stop things from freezing up. Has anyone done this.
Manythanks
Mlynnf

Hello all,
Does anyone have any knowledge in camping in the snow at minus 20, I need information on what you do about water and things like that, our van is winterized and they said we can camp up to minus 25 but would like to know how to stop things from freezing up. Has anyone done this.
Manythanks
Mlynnf

Yes, don't eat yellow snow

Couldn't resist the above

Are your water tanks winterised? By this, I mean are they insulated? Are they inside or outside the vehicle?
Inside and they're fairly easy to deal with: Outside, and they need a heater element running through them.

What sort of Heater do you have? An Eberspacher or a Propex I would hope.

You will need to be on Propane gas, not Butane

Good down sleeping bags are a must, in my experience, Rab and Mountain Equipment are the sort of thing to look for. I use M.E.'s Dreamcatcher range and have found them to be excellent.

Basically, if it's in the van and you have heating you shouldn't have any problems.

Going Ski-ing? Chances are that you may well be on a hookup so that's the Leccy power taken care of.

Last edited by a moderator:
minus 25

Thnk you both (Ballotheber and *****)
I would ask the guys here but my French is rubbish!!!! hope to learn more this year. Our van is a hymer B 524 g and I think the water tank is on board, is it ok to fill the tank up if I leave the heating on? I know I sound like my hair colour but am really new to all this and am finding it all a big learning curve, so thank you all for your comments.

Do as I do, catch an aircraft in Dezember and don't return until late February. Australia, India, where ever the sun shines at 25 degrees plus:D Make sure you have someone in one of those countries where you get free board and lodge ;) All you gotta do is find the air fare. This way you need not worry about frozen tanks and heating systems :cool: Sorry about the tease :p Don't be mad at me :mad:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back