Camping Gaz cylinders

Have you had cylinder problemes with Gaz

• Total voters

winchman

Hello
Has anyone had any problems with these?
I bought two for our camper, after a using them twice one developed a fault and would not shut off when the reg was disconnected.
I contacted two dealers who wouldnt change it although they agreed it was faulty, so I contacted the manufacturer who two weeks later told me to take it to a dealer!
Any one had this or am I just unlucky?

its very common problem. push on the ball in the top it usually seals then. a biro makes a good push stick. cheers alan.

its very common problem. push on the ball in the top it usually seals then. a biro makes a good push stick. cheers alan.
Tried that still same.
The thing that I find really annoyng is the local dealers sent me to Gaz direct who just ignored my Dangerous Cylinder Email for two weeks,as he was busy! then when they finally reply I get 3 Emails and 2 phone calls in 5 hours.
They finally offer to arrange an exchange cylinder, but no one local stocks them any more
By this time I have thrown the cylinder away in disgust and fitted a Calor one.
Its £54 down the drain, but its no use if it leaks and the dealers just dont want to know as they are more interested in selling Calor or what ever brand they stock.
I just feel robbed and let down.

These are those little blue ones, yes? Expensive way of buying gas but could you not just have run them empty then fed them back into the system in the normal way of exchange where they would have been unable to be refilled and therefore repaired or scrapped?

But to answer your question, no, never had a problem with them but soon got fed up with the expense. I still have a couple of bottles, probably empty, but I used to take one with me as a fairly lightweight spare when I installed only one self- refillable. I never used it so now don't bother carrying a spare.

Yes I suppose I could
I found it when moving my full bottles to my new camper.
I usually leave the gas disconnected if I am not using the van for a few months.

As Alan says just press the ball bearing seal down and let it pop up again,this usually remakes the seal,if this fails [ never has for me ] just reconnect the regulator and turn it off.:):)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back