Cadac safari chef 2 connector

Jock n Bren

Free Member
Hi All
We are T6.1 Newbie's. Just bought a Cadac Safari Chef 2 from ebay. Shopped every where for a BSP nozzle adaptor to connect to the van's gas bottle. but can't find any to fit. It seems we need a male bsp connector to the cadac and the current models of cadac are male not female. Anyone know what we need and where we can get a adaptor? Please see image below, because I'm confused. lol!
Any advise gratefully received.
TIA.
Bren.
cadac.jpg

Hello Bren
Hello It looks like an hp version which a gas canister screws on to we have one and we love it it doesn’t use much gas you can use Coleman gas canisters that you can even get from any caravan accessory shop or campsite shop and we don’t have to carry another gas bottle

Last edited:
As said thats for use with disposable cartridges not connection to the vans bottles handier really as you can take it anywhere to use

Too late now but the LP version is much more flexible.
Type I have and have a hose that connects to the Vans BBQ point and another hose that connects to a pair of Weber canistors - best of both worlds :D

Hi All

Thank-you very much for your answers.
We took it to Go Outdoors in Sunderland but they couldn't help. Went to a couple of caravan supply shops no adaptor in stock. Bought an adaptor from screw fix - doesn't fit. lol. I contacted the seller and he is willing to accept a return as it is a new item. It will just cost me the postage. As a last resort I have emailed Cadac this morning to see if they can supply an adaptor for the van - if not I will either buy a canistor or its going back and I will buy a LP version as suggested.

I'm sure I will have a lot more questions as this is our first van and we a learning as we go. Loving it!
(y):)

Hi All

Thank-you very much for your answers.
(y):)
You said you you bought it from ebay but the link you put up to it goes to a Low pressure one on Amazon. If you bought that they supplied the wrong item so you shouldn't pay to return.
I bought a LP Cadac and sold it again thought it took up a lot of space and cleaning to get rid of the smell had to carry a spare bottle if wanting to use it away from the van now just use the disposable charcoal ones for the real BBQ taste.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back